Strategic Planning Consultant - Denver, Colorado, United States, 80201
Duration: 3+ Months Contract initially
Location: Denver, CO
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Strategic Planning Consultant
Primary Skills: Strategic Planning
Role Description: The Strategic Planning Consultant would need to have at least 7+ years of experience.
Care Delivery Optimization (2-3 hires):
- Health care delivery experience needed; operational experience in an outpatient, specialty care setting preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, be nimble, and eagerness to grow are foundational
Pharmacy (1 hire):
- Pull forward the bullets are: Pharmacy from 120694
General Efficiencies (1 hire):
- IT portfolio rationalization experience preferred
- Ability to understand and translate business needs to high level IT requirements required
Purpose of Position:
This position supports the work of the Strategic Planning Department in the development of the program-wide strategic plan. The individual will be responsible for a variety of ad-hoc research and analysis as well as synthesizing and framing information to support the strategic planning process.
- Provide analytical expertise and coordinate ad-hoc research and analytical projects
- Participate in development of strategic models which may include: assessment of market conditions, competitive pressures, business challenges and help surface key issues, risks, opportunities for the organization
- Plan and conduct in-depth and often multi-variant analyses on a variety of complex business projects/issues.
- Develop appropriate assumptions, analyze results and make recommendations, as well as articulate the rationale for the methodology chosen
- Research and synthesize information on strategic issues to inform the strategic planning team and broader organizational leaders and stakeholders
- Evaluate and interpret financial and other information and relate it to broader business implications
- Based on the strategic and business implications that emerge from analysis, lead the development and preparation of presentations on analysis and findings
- With direction of Strategic Plan team, ensure collaborative review of analysis and reports with key stakeholders to get broader and deeper perspective on issues, findings, etc.
- Prepare responses to urgent ad hoc and routine requests to meet the information requirements of strategic plan team and senior management
- Assist in preparing presentations and communicating analysis and results to senior leaders
- Responsible for working effectively with general direction and minimal supervision
- Bachelor s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Health Care Economics, Statistics (with a quantitative emphasis), or equivalent experience required. Master s degree highly preferred
- 7+ years of work experience analyzing, modeling and forecasting financial and operational data, including a thorough understanding of financial statement construction and analysis to include 5+ years of experience in consulting, project management required
- Prior health care experience is preferred; experience working at client is a plus
- Candidate must have the ability to relate financial information to the broader business.
- Strong financial and statistical analysis highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in preparing presentations to financial and business leaders including Senior Management; Prior experience in directly working with and supporting senior executives is a plus
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced skill in Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and to effectively work in a fast-past environment
- Strong team player, experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge of and commitment to the client mission and model of care delivery
- The incumbent will be expected to exercise appropriate discretion with all of the confidential information that becomes available throughout his/her interaction with senior leadership
- Strong listening skills coupled with excellent presentation and business writing skills.
- Track record of successfully working in matrix reporting relationships, ability to interact effectively with all levels including senior management and highly articulate
- Able to work in a Labor/Management partnership environment
- Must have demonstrable expertise in modeling, analyzing and manipulating data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective partnerships/working relationships, as well as influence
- Consistently demonstrate integrity, prudence, high energy, initiative, and self-confidence.
- Dedication to diversity
This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Client's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Client's policies and procedures.
Senior Strategy Consultant
In concert with Strategy Management leaders, works closely with senior Health Plan and Medical Group leadership, managers and staff to facilitate Strategic Plan development and execution.
The Senior Strategy Consultant leads the definition and execution of client strategic programs and projects by partnering with stakeholders to generate high-value solutions and sustainable results.
The Senior Strategy Consultant supports internal clients by effectively applying project management, facilitation, and process improvement methodologies and identifying and applying appropriate best practices from within and outside of the organization.
Consulting and Project Management:
- Leads from inception to completion on critical projects and initiatives aimed at achieving the Region s Strategic Objectives.
- Consults for executives, senior leaders and other stakeholders to ensure fulfillment of strategic goals by identifying gaps and developing solutions.
- Leads projects and programs, including defining goals, measurements, deliverables, key milestones and critical path for projects containing multiple work streams.
- Identifies "best" practices from Project/Program Management Community, CLIENT Regions, Health Care and other industries.
- Manages the adoption or adaptation of those practices to achieve significant ROI, Quality and/or Service results.
- Works with stakeholders to document information for new project requests using established criteria.
- Aligns projects with strategic objectives and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies, cost effectiveness, quality and service.
- Effectively sees how multiple projects connect and leverages those synergies to add the most value to CLIENT.
- Identifies project barriers / constraints / risks and ensure risks and constraints are mitigated.
- Uses existing project methodologies to execute projects. Effectively applies process improvement.
- Manages activities to ensure the development, communication, execution and refinement of the Region s three-year strategic plan.
- Advances organizational alignment around the Strategic Plan, partnering with Communications, Operations, and other core functions.
- Supports Strategy Management and other Health Plan and Medical Group leaders timely and high-quality completion of the annual Strategic Plan Review with Program Office.
- Facilitates client s executive Strategy Execution teams
- Leads programs or projects that drive the execution of client s three strategies: Affordability, Personalization and Integration
- Leads the development of business cases for strategic project proposals.
- Evaluates past business cases to determine their ROI for client.
Market and Performance Analysis:
- Assesses organizational performance and identifies competitive advantage and performance improvement opportunities on higher level critical projects.
- Identifies industry trends, conducts research and benchmarks with other health care organizations to understand key issues and apply them to the client.
- Maintains a working understanding of the regional and national health care marketplace and client s position in it; applies this understanding to advance the organization s strategic thinking.
- Supports Strategy Management leaders and/or participates in various ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
..... click apply for full job details