Strategic Planning & Operations Director - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
We are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules - and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients. The Strategic Planning & Operations Director for Amgen Oncology US is responsible for driving business strategy via strong alignment and execution across all key cross-functional partners. In this role, the Director leads development of executive presentations including quarterly business reviews, launch preparation, and brand performance updates. The Director will act as a project manager and lead facilitator of senior level meetings and is also responsible for goal setting and tracking deliverables, communications, and special department process improvement initiatives and projects. He or she is a member of the cross-functional Oncology Leadership Team and plays a critical role in enabling effective collaboration within the leadership team, as well as with external business partners and other functional teams across Amgen. This is a critical and highly visible role will undoubtedly result in rapid professional growth and advancement at Amgen.
- Collaborate with senior team (GM, VP Oncology, VP Hematology) in business unit strategy development and drive execution through cross-functional partnerships
- Development, maintenance, and tracking of key strategic milestones
- Collaborate extensively with Global Commercial Operations SPO and US Business Operations SPO to ensure tight alignment
- Engage with Global team to ensure best One-Team approach
- Work closely with OBU Finance on all elements of revenue planning
- Lead management of business unit OPEX
- Lead Oncology Leadership Team including team participants, meeting content and cadence
- Partner with VP's to facilitate engagement initiatives to foster culture and purpose across the business
- Recognize opportunities and define and implement solutions that improve the effectiveness of the Oncology Leadership Team
- Develop and integrate business unit operating model/optimal governance for the year (key calendar milestones)
- Lead presentation development of GM presentations including sales semester meetings, executive updates, and key customer engagements
- Liaison with Global Marketing on business development opportunities
- Liaison with US Healthcare Compliance on business unit activity and track progress
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information on topics as requested by the VP and/or Leadership Team
- Manage Executive Advisory Council engagements
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of sales management, marketing and/or commercial operations experience
- Master's degree and 6 years of sales management, marketing and/or commercial operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of sales management, marketing and/or commercial operations experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated sales and marketing execution
- Strategic planning and analytical experience
- Exceptional project management skills
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional partnerships, execution, and results
- Strong business analysis skill and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Examples of exemplary team leadership and achieving goals through others
- Strong communication and matrix management skills including key partnership with Finance, US Value & Access, BAI, Global Marketing, Medical and external partners will be paramount.
- Solid understanding of the US payer environment including the ability to factor government and commercial payer insights into strategic and operational brand plans
- Very strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, including direct experience using these skills in professional setting
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.