Strategic Content Lead- Financial Sector - Alexandria, Virginia, United States, 22320
The Fool.com team is looking to hire a strategic content lead to own all elements of editorial strategy within our financial sector. This job is tailor-made for future Fools who think quickly, move nimbly, and take great ownership of only the highest quality output. After all, Fool.com helps spread the word to tens of millions of people each month by publishing the best content to our award-winning site. The stakes are high, the possibilities are endless, and you are hungry.
What are you hungry for? GROWTH. Everything your team does is meant to expand our reach at the highest possible ROI. Candidates must be willing (and excited!) to work collaboratively and competitively to achieve measurable results with great autonomy.
You will be standing up an editorial team - to include writers and editors - that will make Fool.com the best place on the internet for content related to financial stocks. If you're not already a stock market whiz, don't worry- you'll learn the industry inside and out alongside some brilliant minds. You will coach writers on how to generate more traffic across search and syndication partners, conduct keyword research to identify new areas of coverage, and always check the data to ensure our content achieves its purpose.
To be successful in this role, you must be highly motivated, innovative, versatile, and comfortable driving content and editorial strategy from conception through execution in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. And while your gut instinct can take you so far, you know very well the power of data and you harness it with every critical decision you make. What's the cherry on top of this content sundae? You know what a great headline looks like and you know how to write content that converts. If that's you, I think we're going to get along just swell.
- Create a content strategy by defining relevant topics and then sourcing the writing to topical experts- freelancers, contract writers, and/or internal Fools.
- Search for SEO terms worth covering and know how to optimize for conversions. Use data to analyze content reach within SERPs and content distribution partners in order to increase article ROI.
- Create a monthly editorial calendar and monitor the process that will source, edit, organize, and publish the content (potentially in multiple channels).
- Develop expertise in The Motley Fool's publishing business. Thoroughly understand who our competitors are and work tirelessly to generate better content. Whether it's presenting our message in text, audio, video, infographic, or smoke signal, our content's expression will be for you to determine.
- Use Google Analytics and other home-built dashboards to hone your operations. Understand how to spot an opportunity (or know when to walk away from one) based on what the data is telling you.
- Establish relationships and/or explore opportunities to partner, collaborate, or leverage content from other respected brands.
- Proven track record of business growth. Your resume should tell us where you worked and how you've grown the reach of that biz. Don't skip the numbers and details here, go ahead and brag! We're excited to learn about your big wins.
- Proven track record of personal growth. Tell us about a time when hard work and determination took you from beginner to expert. We're activity-agnostic- it could be at the batting cage or calligraphy class or your award-winning vegetable garden. We just want to know what drives you to achieve.
- An obsession with winning. Being competitive isn't enough. You play to win.
- Humility. We've thrown a lot of superlatives around here (the best content, the highest quality) and we talk an awful lot about our relentless pursuit to win. But we should be clear: our strong opinions are paired with a slice of humble pie. We believe in the power of the team and the wisdom of many. We hope your cup spilleth over with passion for your ideas, and that your passion can shapeshift into support for the idea that wins.
- Experience successfully leading an editorial calendar and strategy: owning content creation and performance and adjusting tactics to meet objectives and budgets.
- Comfort working with metrics, an ability to turn analysis into actionable programs, and an ability to use data to optimize day-to-day performance.
- Experience managing projects on a large scale, with the ability to consider multiple stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Experience managing an editorial budget and a team of well-respected experts, leaders, and content creators.
- Can communicate, both verbally and in writing, with speed and effectiveness.
- A passion for markets and stock investing.
- Knowledge of / experience with site publishing, site design, social media strategy, paid marketing campaigns, SEO.
- An interest in persuasive, direct-response marketing.