Strategic Account Manager, Government and Education - Spectrum Enterpr - Coppell , Texas, United States, 75019
At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused sales account manager familiar with the needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a consultative sales position managing and growing government and education accounts?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com
Maintaining client satisfaction through dedicated account management is at the center of your daily focus. As a Strategic Account Manager, you have strong interpersonal abilities to connect with various government and education organizations to promote the benefits we offer for their complex communication needs. You are passionate about proactively managing and simplifying client operations in order to ensure long-term retention. You possess a keen ability for continuously evaluating a client?s networking capabilities and recommending technologies for improvement. You excel at traveling extensively to retain business accounts within a specified footprint. You report directly to Sales Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
- Be an effective member of the sales team by achieving or exceeding monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Advocate for clients within their fast-growing business to develop tailored product solutions highlighting product benefits.
- Foster long-term client relationships through face-to-face meetings while being mindful of renewal opportunities, new services and upsell potential.
- Elicit new revenue streams by creating and presenting client product proposals that align with their needs.
- Maintain an accurate client database to submit regular reports on sales activity.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision makers.
- Ensure state and federal compliances by establishing data control procedures and working with regulatory agencies.
- Uphold quality service and encourage retention through coordinated efforts with Account Executives, Sales Support, Sales Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Simplify the account collection process by assisting with fund acquisitions.
- Remain informed on pricing, order entry and commission reports by attending training sessions.
- Complete additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in, or working with, state/local government and education
- Five or more years of experience with strategic sales or account management with a proven sales record meeting $3,000 monthly quota
- Confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change with ever-changing priorities
- History of learning quickly and applying that knowledge within a team environment
- Talent for upselling to existing Government/Education clients and negotiating, renewing or amending contracts
- Excellent prospecting abilities to include cold calling, on-site visit and attending industry events
- Valid driver?s license, a safe driving record and the availability to travel often
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of telecommunications experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales including prospecting calls and premises-based sales
- Two or more years of experience of outside related sales experience with a proven record of exceeding sales objectives
- Positive attitude and a strong self-motivator
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite and culture
- Analytical mindset with interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor?s Degree in a business-related field (preferred)