Sr Mgr Supply Chain, Tactical Products Group - Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States, 23451
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Tactical Group Supply Chain Manager will use end-to-end supply chain expertise & leadership to develop, deliver and support effective Operating Plans to achieve significant improvements across a balanced scorecard in quality, cost, delivery, morale and safety. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity from sourcing to planning. Will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Manage the functional areas of sourcing and purchasing.
- Participate in S&OP process and develop/support short-term plans, long term capacity planning. Direct interface with the Demand Management team, Commercial Forecast team and Product Line teams.
- Develop and maintains inventory plan in order to meet customer requirements; develop strategies to increase inventory turns, reduce costs, and optimize customer service.
- Lead and direct the Supply Chain Associates to meet customer demand while managing operational and capacity constraints.
- Ensure order fulfillment metrics are met, and drive to lower lead times.
- Manages the procurement of outside services, tracks performance, and ensures compliance with site requirements
- Manages shipping process and function to ensure on-time delivery of raw products to internal customers
- Ensures that all shipments comply fully with government import/export regulations.
- Manage the relationship with internal customers; collaborate with operations & engineering for issue resolution, continuous improvement, or to improve supply chain effectiveness.
- Develops the team in an environment that supports safety, empowerment and continuous improvement.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Train and evaluate others
- Provide constructive feedback
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors including international supply chain teams
- Maintain all contracts and evaluate all performance according to contract and ensure efficient flow of all conditions in contract.
- Design and implement an effective sourcing strategy to reduce costs of financial products and manage all sourcing processes.
- Supervise all negotiations and prepare appropriate documents for same.
- Monitor all sourcing strategies and policies and ensure achievement of all business objectives and perform appropriate negotiations with all suppliers.
- Coordinate with vendors on all prices of products and recommend ways to reduce costs of components and finished products and prepare non-disclosure agreement for various sources.
Travel Requirements: As required
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed to meet company needs
Required Education and Experience:
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field
- Previous working experience as a Supply Chain Manager for 5 years
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience across multiple disciplines and increasing project responsibility
- Proven leadership skills
- Broad experience and understanding of complex, process oriented manufacturing environments
- Proven capability to manage, coach, direct, and develop exempt and nonexempt employees
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP plant Maintenance, etc.)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Master's in supply chain management
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP)
- MRP/ERP system knowledge
- Six Sigma and Lean
- Procurement and/or transportation experience
- Global work experience, working across regions and cultures
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled