Sr Manager, Corporate Strategy - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Translating strategic objectives into an actionable strategic plan is a core function of this role. You'll serve as an internal consultant on key projects within the organization, from problem definition and framing, through stakeholder alignment, execution support, and performance management.
The position also supports facilitation and management of the company's initiative management program, providing a portfolio level view of projects to drive critical resource allocation decisions. In this capacity, you'll help deliver consistency of approach to evaluation and performance management of the company's most critical investments and strategic projects.
This role offers exposure to cross-functional and executive leadership. Success requires the ability to shape and drive global strategic agendas and effectively communicate and influence outcomes in a highly cross-functional and complex organizational environment. Qualified candidates must possess the agility to engage at the executive level, ability to translate abstract concepts into defined objectives as well as the proven capacity to drive results.
This position reports directly to our Vice President of Strategy and Analytics and is accountable to the broader executive leadership team as sponsors of CSC's strategic planning program.
Corporate Strategy Development and Long-Range Planning
Partner with the VP of Strategy and Analytics to drive management of CSC's strategic planning process, including organization, content development and facilitation for the strategic planning process and executive planning sessions. Identify key strategic issues and themes to inform content and discussions throughout the process. Ensure strategic planning activities consider needs of broad set of stakeholders across the organization.
Partner with cross-functional teams in the development of a cascading business strategy, facilitating the development and ongoing update of corporate objectives, aligned with strategies for brands, regions, and corporate functions.
Build process, templates and tools to ensure delivery of clearly articulated business strategy and objectives and consistency of outcomes across the company.
Partner with the VP of Strategy and Analytics as well as the Financial Planning & Analysis team to drive continuity between strategic planning and long-range financial planning processes.
Strategic Planning Support across Business Functions
Support the development of strategies across the company, actively partnering with brand, region / channel, or functional leadership as well as the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
Act as an internal consultant, leveraging strategic and business acumen to challenge and influence throughout development of business cases and strategic plans. Directly engage and support planning and execution of key strategic projects by providing analysis, framing business objectives and defining performance metrics.
Initiative Management and Corporate Performance Management Program Leadership
Support execution of the Initiative Management program to facilitate prioritization and decision making regarding strategic investment of Columbia Sportswear Company resources to drive growth and productivity. Facilitate discussions with the Initiative Management Committee to finalize disposition of new initiative proposals, define initiative deliverables, and provide transparency to execution of project objectives.
Drive ongoing development and enhancement of comprehensive performance management program to measure performance against strategic objectives for Columbia Sportswear Company. Partner with leadership and cross-functional partners to define performance indicators, establish measurement criteria, and create reporting tools.
Strategic Planning Best Practices, Communications & Business Alignment
Lead best practice thinking and continuous improvement of strategic planning capabilities through direct ownership of strategic planning activities and in collaboration with other functions.
Assist business leaders with cascading of strategic planning content throughout the organization. Partner with leadership to ensure connectivity to performance goals and objectives.
Support communications of strategic plan throughout the organization to enable appropriate engagement with stakeholders (development of materials for the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, participation in development of strategic communications).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, MBA or advanced degree in relevant discipline strongly preferred
- 7+ years' experience in corporate strategic planning, corporate development, business development, management consulting, finance or related fields. Previous management consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning concepts, frameworks and best practices
- Possesses superior business and financial acumen and ability to effectively support and influence executive-level decision making
- Adept cross-functional leader, able to navigate a complex organization to develop consensus and drive results
- Proven success supervising projects and initiatives
- Flexible approach and entrepreneurial mindset, a "builder", comfortable with bringing clarity to ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to identify potential and/or existing issues, evaluate available options and recommend corrective action
- Focused on execution, effectively balances near term deliverables with long term priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Able to develop strong working relationships across functions within the company and act as a trusted business partner and advisor to the leadership team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation delivery
- Expert-level proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age