Sr Director, Supply Chain BRM - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
The Sr Director, Supply Chain Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is an Information Systems position that serves as a strategic partner with the Supply Chain business unit. This role's main responsibility is to understand the business objectives and align/create IT initiatives to enable the business to achieve their goals.
An effective BRM contributes to the business leadership team by actively engaging with the business to influence strategic direction and works to identify ways for GIS (Global Information Systems) to support and advance the business' objectives. In addition, the BRM translates the demand into supply by aligning appropriate supply resources to create project and program charters; programs managing business process change; ensuring training needs are fully met and the facilitates GIS customer satisfaction to ensure continuous improvement.
The Supply Chain BRM will also be an integral part of the GIS Leadership team and be responsible for contributing to the overall Enterprise Application and IT Strategy setting and continuous improvement efforts across all IT disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple global regions and brands to implement and support global processes and systems that meet regional needs, optimizing the global supply chain
- Proactively serve as a "trusted business partner" and the primary point of contact from GIS for Supply Chain business leaders. Represent GIS in articulating GIS's services and capabilities.
- Partner with key stakeholders in Supply Chain by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business and attending business meetings and appropriate management forums, providing a central point of information for all related GIS activities
- Support the business needs and interests within GIS, contributing to appropriate IS team, operational and development meetings
- Partner with business area leaders to collaboratively define, shape, articulate and prioritize requirements and business cases for new or changed IS services and develop strategic IS enabled roadmaps (typically covering 1-3 years) required to support the overall business area/functional strategy and roadmap
- Support the prioritization of projects, particularly using cost / benefit analysis to proactively manage business demand.
- Support GIS operational performance and progress of ongoing development, playing a leading role in problem resolution
- Drive development, performance, and talent programs through the global manufacturing functions. Work collaboratively with Human Resources staff to utilize programs and tools that will meet the needs of the organization; organizational design, training, salary administration, succession planning, performance management, and hiring. Achieve results through building strong teams.
- Assist with the operational and commercial relationship management of third party suppliers
- Partner with the business to form process and systems solutions that are appropriate and adequate to satisfy both tactical and strategic business needs
- Act as a project leader/manager, coordinating the work of both internal and external IS resources when required.
- Partner with GIS counterparts (Architecture/Solution Delivery/Infrastructure & Operations/PMO) on business unit goals and objectives and educates the business on the value of information technology.
- Ensure that business and IS relationships are fully aligned throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Act as a single point of focus of escalation for issue resolution and project requests for Supply Chain.
- Ensure transparency to operational group of new or changing requirements and their impact on GIS initiatives.
- Manage departmental budget, authorize expenditures and monitor results
- Has full supervisory responsibility for multiple IS Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leads, as well as assigned contract resources. Providing guidance for their staff to ready and prepare themselves to progress in their career paths.
- Bachelor's Degree required in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 15+ years of progressively increasing IS Leadership and Management experience in a complex global environment
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience for both business and systems
- Demonstrated successful project/program management and process improvement leadership
- Ability to positively influence people at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience in managing and mentoring a team of diverse managers and business system analysts and contractors on a global scale to deliver complex and reliable solutions to a diverse set of businesses and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping, portfolio/project management, training and testing
- Understand key business processes and systems employed by the business
- Experience and thought leadership around the following major areas in a complex supply chain environment: Demand and supply forecasting and planning processes and systems; Procurement, outsourced global manufacturing and global logistics processes and systems; Inventory and order management processes and systems; distribution/warehouse management processes and systems
- Prior experience in the technologies and solutions in the following areas are desired:
- Planning solutions like: JDA, Logility, SAP APO, Manugistics or MapleLake, SAP AFS
- Distribution solutions like: Manhattan WMS, Red Prairie or SAP WM
- Outsourced factory and logistics solutions like: GTNexus/TradeCard
- Proven skills in integrating enterprise packaged applications is required
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry and the Apparel/Footwear industry is a plus
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age