Sr Director, IT Business Partner Manufacturing Supply Chain and Qualit - Gaithersburg , Maryland, United States, 20877
As a critical member of the Information Technology team, serves as a strategic business partner and primary IT liaison for Manufacturing Supply Chain and Quality.
The Senior Director, IT Business Partner will partner with assigned business unit leaders to understand business strategy, outcomes and KPIs. They will develop business strategy driven roadmaps including the people, process, information and technology implications. They will ensure that solutions generate business value and confirm the results are measured and communicated. Ensures a well aligned to business and IT roadmap.
- Partner with business leaders to translate functional business strategies and supporting outcomes to enabling business capabilities. Facilitate the development of actionable, multi-year, strategy driven business and IT roadmaps. Liaise between assigned business units and IT communities to align the demands and priorities. Act as the principal information & technology advisor for assigned business units. Engages other IT subject matter experts as needed.
- Canvas the market place and proactively bring business & technology "art of possible" ideas to further the realization of business strategy. Collaborate to identify and develop true business value opportunities, and influence the decision on priorities, roadmap and timing of initiatives/deliverables. Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases and plan new joint initiatives. Owns building business case for all assigned. Oversees creation and maintenance of business architecture and roadmap. Gather high level business requirements regarding new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Partner with business teams (change management) to ensure effective business transformation for all initiatives (roles, processes, organization) to drive the realization of identified business outcomes. Ensures IT is are aware of key business changes and issues.
- Obtain alignment on priorities (based on business value) working with targeted business areas. Provide input to governance committee for alignment on the global portfolio of initiatives such that IT initiatives support investment decisions with the greatest impact for the business, our colleagues and our clients.
- With the business, support and participate in formal status reporting. Manage stakeholder satisfaction with IT services. With technology teams (applications, infrastructure, security, project managers, and other BRMs), work collaboratively to share knowledge ensuring One IT execution.
- Leverage business experience (Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain) and best practices for targeted business areas and solutions to provide specialized knowledge across the network and add value to overall business objectives.
- Strong and broad-based leadership skills from strategically minded to resourcefulness in working through others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, biomedical studies, science, or related major with a Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years with business solutions strategy experience and at least 5 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management.
- Experience successfully implementing medium-sized enterprise projects in IT lead role (in 2 or more of the targeted business functions: R&D, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Clinical or Facilities & Engineering).
- Entrepreneurial attitude to drive change and influence innovation.
- A great communicator in both written and oral communication
- Project management experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience required
- A clear financial focus that is visible through value-based management
- An ability to sit comfortably on multiple management teams
- A well-respected team player with proven ability to contribute in a number of areas
- A passion for quality, compliance and value in all that is delivered
- A no-nonsense approach to getting things done
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 25 lbs., and pull 50 lbs.
- Use phone, fax, copier, and computer.
- Use hand tools and operate fork lift. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem solve, make decisions, supervise, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents.
- Drive automatic/standard vehicle.
- Work outdoors, around noise above conversation level, in hot/cold temperatures, in high humidity, where ventilation is needed, in multiple locations, with restricted access to laboratory, in contact with Select Agents, and with exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal areas.