Sr Dir, Talent Acquisition Strategy And Planning - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition Strategy and Planning The Talent Acquisition function is responsible for the engagement and delivery of talent from Executive to Front-line to Early-in-Career to meet Nike's growth and transformation to a Consumer Direct Offense. The work of our team includes:
- Sourcing talent against business priorities and talent strategies on a global basis.
- Driving a more inclusive and compelling candidate experience and Branding strategies to engage and attract the most capable talent.
- Designing programs, practices and processes to support critical Enterprise strategies & capabilities to meet business outcomes, delivered through business-facing TA consulting and manager engagement.
- Ensuring a sharp focus impacting representation through specific diversity sourcing efforts, investments and partnerships in collaboration with D&I.
- Cultivating an internal marketplace with internal recruitment and sourcing efforts tied to career initiatives.
- Delivering operational excellence, governance & compliance across the hiring value chain.
- Evolving hiring capability and innovation across TA , HR & Hiring Managers.
- Delivering the above through a clear strategy, effective operating model, and a high performing team
This work is fueled by a global leadership team of Business-Facing Recruitment Experts and Centers of Expertise leaders who are committed to Nike's mission and HR's People First strategy.
The primary purpose of the Senior Director, Strategy & Planning is to support the Vice President, Talent Acquisition & Executive Recruitment managing the day-to-day tactical deliverables of functional strategy development & integration, planning & portfolio management, & department communications.
This role plays a unique and confidential role supporting the VP, Talent Acquisition in the development, communication and delivery of strategy, strategic planning, and other duties as assigned.
- Supports development of TA's strategy and roadmap in alignment with the overarching HR strategy, led by the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning
- Aligns competing priorities and opportunities against strategic goals and resources
- Serves as a 'sensing channel' across the TA function and enterprise
- Provides research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions for key functional priorities
- Identifies and reports on key operational reporting, data & insights to ensure TA is operating efficiently and effectively
- Benchmarks external best practices, current and future trends, and innovative solutions from the marketplace
- Serves as a trusted thought partner and sounding board
- Develops key relationships across the enterprise that support the VP, Total Rewards in achieving her targets
In addition to core headcount & budget responsibilities across Talent Acquisition teams, this role oversees business planning, portfolio management, and integrated delivery.
- Orchestrates planning of TA programs from portfolio intake, prioritization & tracking, resourcing & cost estimation, project milestones, progress & budget tracking, and employee & manager engagement for delivery across the enterprise, leveraging the tools, practices, and resources of the HR PMO
- Delivers TA programs as drivers of cultural change & adoption and vehicles for delivering our Employer Brand and Employer Value Proposition
- Partners with the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to support the annual processes for organization & headcount planning, SPKO, CSR and AOP development and submission
- Analyzes, identifies and frames decisions, issues, and opportunities for the VP, Talent Acquisition & Executive Search through internal and external reports, organizations and events
- Develops internal processes or guides distinct projects as required to optimize the efficacy, agility and impact of Talent Acquisition
- Manages the TA budget, including planning, forecasting and monitoring actual vs. planned spending across the function
Functional & Team Communications
This role plays a critical role articulating the leader's vision, mission, strategy and tactical expectations through communication channels and events reaching the leadership team, organization and critical internal partners and stakeholders.
- Maintains a communications framework for the TA function, inclusive of
- Leadership Team: staff meetings, team development sessions and offsites
- Extended Leadership Team: project / program meetings to track progress and escalate issues to the Leadership Team, manage agenda for monthly extended LT sessions
- TA employees: regular Leadership updates, All Hands meetings, and cascade meetings
- Planning meetings with counterparts in other functions to prepare the leader for HRLT meetings and offsites
- Supports development and use of leadership "voice" by providing initial drafts of key proposals, reports, emails, etc.
- Partners with Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to collect and provide information & data for Quarterly Business Review and other internal and external reporting obligations
- Supports external speaking and conference presentations for VP, TA & Executive Search
The Senior Director, Strategy & Planning role requires the demonstrated ability to:
- Organize, prioritize and implement multiple complex priorities balanced with the immediate needs of the leader's dynamic obligations and calendar
- Lead a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Research innovations in Talent Acquisition, Sourcing, Hiring Technologies & Engagement
- Think proactively and abstractly to identify tactical considerations or problems before they arise
- Plan at both the overarching, "big-picture" level as well as the discrete task level
- Navigate complex personalities, relationships and organization dynamics with discretion, tact and political savvy
- Establish credibility and impact employees at all levels of the enterprise
- Receive, evaluate and filter requests for the leader's time, attention and / or engagement as necessary
- Represent the leader and function internally and externally as required
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience (3+ years' experience post-grad) in Human Resources programs & practices, change management or HR strategy. In lieu of a degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects or portfolio management