Sr Dir, Strategy & Planning, Talent & Org Effectiv - Beaverton , Oregon, United States, 97005
The Talent & Org Effectiveness function is responsible for ensuring that we have the organization and capable, diverse team members desired to create & deliver the future of NIKE. The work of our team includes:
- Designing and aligning the organization to deliver strategic initiatives while making it easier and more energizing to work at Nike
- Delivering strategic org, talent and engagement insights to the organization
- Supporting the development of a thorough candidate pipeline through succession management, competency management, career and performance direction
- Creating high impact, outcome-focused learning solutions that develop great leaders, develop critical capabilities and enable access to learning and growth for all teammates.
The primary purpose of the Senior Director, Integrated Planning role is to support the Vice President, T&OE by managing the day-to-day deliverables of functional plan development & integration, planning & portfolio ownership and functional and team organization process/communications. This role will partner closely with the Sr. Director of Talent Operations (newly created role) to ensure excellent program direction of all core org and talent practices led by T&OE.
This role plays a unique and confidential role supporting the VP, T&OE in the development, communication and delivery of strategy, strategic planning, and other duties as assigned.
- Supports development of the T&OE program and roadmap in alignment to the overarching HR plan, led by the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning
- Aligns the VP, T&OE competing priorities and opportunities against strategic targets and resources
- Serves as a 'sensing channel' across the T&OE function and initiative
- Provides research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions for key functional priorities
- Benchmarks external best practices, current and future trends, and creative solutions from the marketplace
- Serves as a trusted thought partner and sounding board
- Creates key relationships across the company that support the VP, T&OE in achieving functional goals
In addition to core headcount & budget responsibilities across the OE, L&D and Talent Management teams, this role oversees business planning, portfolio organization and integrated delivery.
- Orchestrates planning of T&OE programs from portfolio intake, prioritization & tracking, resourcing & cost estimation, project milestones, progress & budget tracking, and employee & manager engagement for delivery across the initiative, leveraging the infrastructure, practices and resources of the HR PMO
- Delivers T&OE programs as drivers of cultural change & adoption and vehicles for delivering our Employer Brand and Employer Value Proposition
- Partners with the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to support the annual process for organization & headcount planning, SPKO, CSR and AOP development for submission
- Analyzes, identifies and frames decisions, issues, and opportunities for the VP, T&OE through internal and external reports, organizations and events
- Develops internal processes or drives distinct projects as required to optimize the efficacy, agility and impact of the function
- Manages T&OE budget, including planning, forecasting and monitoring actual vs. planned spending across the function
This role plays a critical role articulating the function's vision, mission, strategy and tactical expectations through an extensive management process. This includes communication channels and events reaching the T&OE leadership team, organization and critical internal partners and stakeholders.
- Maintains a management cadence for the Talent & OE function, inclusive of
- Leadership Team: staff meetings, team development sessions and offsites
- Extended Leadership Team: project / program meetings to track progress and escalate issues to the Leadership Team, develop agenda for monthly extended LT sessions
- T&OE teammates: regular Leadership updates, cafe meetings and cascade meetings
- Planning meetings with counterparts in other functions to prepare the leader for HRLT meetings and offsites
- Supports development and use of leadership "voice" by providing initial drafts of key proposals, reports, emails, etc.
- Partners with Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to collect and report information & data for Quarterly Business Review and other internal and external reporting obligations
- Supports external speaking and conference presentations for VP T&OE
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience (3+ years' experience post-grad) in management/talent/leadership consulting, talent management, organization development, change management or HR strategy. In lieu of a degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects or portfolio management
- Organize, prioritize and execute multiple complex priorities balanced with the immediate needs of the leader's dynamic obligations and calendar
- Lead a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Research innovations in Talent Management, Learning & Development and Org Development
- Think proactively and abstractly to identify tactical considerations or problems before they arise
- Plan at both the overarching, "big-picture" level as well as the discrete task level
- Navigate complex personalities, relationships and organization dynamics with discretion, tact and political savvy
- Establish credibility and influence with employees at all levels of the enterprise
- Remain objective, calm and easy going despite stress or emotions in the environment
- Receive, evaluate and filter requests for the leader's time, attention and / or engagement as necessary
- Represent the leader and function internally and externally as required