Sr Data Scientist, Supply Chain Advanced Analytics - Beaverton , Oregon, United States, 97005
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for talented self-starters with a passion for advanced analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive and prescriptive analytics to enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
Nike's Supply Chain team ensures that every year 1.3 billion pieces of footwear, apparel, and equipment arrive at the right destination on time. That's no easy task. The complex process involves more than 70 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain analytics professionals constantly seek ways to make Nike's supply chain faster, more efficient and more responsive to Nike's always-changing consumer needs.
As a Senior Data Scientist in Nike's Supply Chain, you will play a lead role on a team of cross-functional partners and analytics professionals to identify, scope, suggest new opportunities, and execute high-impact analytics projects. You will employ advanced data modeling and operations research techniques to prescribe actionable recommendations to drive value for Nike.
The role is perfect for a team player with strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Advanced quantitative degree (Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field) and at least 5 years of related industry experience or Bachelors degree and 7-12 years related industry experience. Supply chain planning and operations, E-commerce and store retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong technical, analytical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, AIMMS, Gurobi/CPLEX, AnyLogic, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAS, Tableau, scheduling tools) on large data sets
- Experience building and maintaining predictive and/or prescriptive models in production at enterprise scale
- Experience developing and running simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools to support decision making
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management capabilities to handle multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Shown ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to develop innovative solutions using advanced analytics
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Utilizes appropriate quality checks to ensure the results are sound