Sr Business Analyst, Business Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The Senior Business Analyst, Business Strategy role applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying, creating, and evaluating growth opportunities to advance the content distribution business of Disney and ESPN Media Networks. The role is within the Affiliate Sales and Marketing department, which is responsible for domestic distribution of the Disney and ESPN networks and content, and our direct-to-consumer services, ESPN+ and Disney+. The Senior Business Analyst will play a critical role in developing distribution strategies and business models for Disney and ESPN's services across our largest and most strategic distribution partners and platforms.
- Develop network and service-focused analyses of distribution opportunities and areas of competitive advantage.
- Conduct analyses of key business drivers for partners, platforms and competitors, as well as uncover and communicate emerging trends and new technologies.
- Prepare senior executive presentations to drive strategic decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of content distribution and the competitive landscape for ABC, Disney, ESPN, FX, National Geographic and direct-to-consumer services.
- Work with a cross-functional team with strategy, sales, finance, product, legal and marketing organizations.
- Partner with our sales and business development teams in support of traditional (cable, satellite, and telco) and emerging (direct-to-consumer, social) content distribution strategies.
- Play an active role in supporting content distribution negotiations with distribution partners and platforms.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an analytical, financial, consulting or business development role.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and current trends in the media industry.
- Strong written, verbal and quantitative / financial modeling skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive research and analysis forward autonomously and within groups.
- Media industry experience in a strategic or financial role at media or technology company.
- Experience in Management Consulting or Investment Banking.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent