Sr Associate Supply Chain, EPD - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Within Operations and Global Supply Chain, External Planning and Delivery (EPD) manages the Plan-To-Stock and Order-To-Cash business processes in support of supplying patients with medicines sourced from Amgen's Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO's). The EPD Sr. Associate Supply Chain is accountable for successfully managing critical planning and delivery tasks for New Product Introductions (NPI's) and Technology Transfers (TT's) across CMO's.
The EPD Sr. Associate Supply Chain, is responsible for:
- Managing sample and product forecasts and shipments from the CMO's to Amgen's sites and/or third-party locations in closed partnership with Amgen's Transportation, Trade Operations, Sites, and the CMO's;
- Managing purchase order and invoices in a compliant and timely manner;
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for managing material transportation, storage, and delivery across NPI's and TT's;
- Ensuring that required Transportation Lanes are implemented and sustained at managed sites;
- Setting up master data for initial demand and supply plan in advanced planning tool (RapidResponse) and SAP;
- Effectively engaging key partners within Supply Chain, Quality, Finance, Process Development, Operations and other functional areas as needed;
- Developing and/or delivering reports, presentations and/or recommendations to Management;
- Serving as a Supply Chain resource and/or representative for special projects and initiatives;
- Working under some level of supervision in line with Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
Associate's degree and 6 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business management or life science or advanced degree
- Experience in regulated manufacturing or supply chain setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse, global stakeholder groups and manage projects with multiple, cross-functional deliverables
- Proven communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in SAP and RapidResponse ERP environments
- Demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement role utilizing tools, methodologies and change management (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Demonstrated solid analytical skills, business acumen and risk management
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.