Sr. Supply Chain Assoc - Tactical Products Group ! - Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States, 23451
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Our Virginia Beach location is seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Associate to add to our Tactical Products Group. The Sr. Supply Chain Associate is responsible for the procurement of finished goods and component parts, partnering with vendors to establish capacity-feasible production schedules that meets customer requirements, manage day to day vendor performance in accordance with the Company's established goals. Also, create and communicate unit-forecasting. Apply business, technical, and analytical expertise, while utilizing Logility software to efficiently estimate demand for assigned products. Source for most reliable and reasonable product providers.
- Source & purchase assigned finished goods items to ensure supply meets the MRP domestic and global \"planned order\" requirements for a $100M+ product category.
- Perform extensive supply analysis in addition to monthly purchasing cycle activities to ensure supply will meet key customer requirements and then act and/or influence others internally and externally as required to resolve variances.
- Ensure international and subsidiary demand is accurately incorporated into monthly purchases.
- Prepare 12-month purchase projections for suppliers. Whenever these projections show that demand exceeds capacity, partner with suppliers and internal sales team to develop capacity-feasible production schedules that align with customer requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of order placement and management of vendor production schedules.
- Identify and ensure disconnects such as anticipated product shortages, non-conforming material, excess or obsolete materials are continuously monitored and resolved.
- Manage supplier relationships by clearly communicating expectations and monitor to assure compliance.
- Communicate and resolve vendor performance issues in a timely manner. Coordinate these efforts with the sourcing team.
- Assist in the development of partnership arrangements with suppliers to develop component inventories and vendor consigned inventories to reduce inventory ownership and lead times.
- Meet with vendors during visits and provide information regarding vendor performance and priorities.
- Track and show continuous improvement in Vendor Performance tracking measures.
- Focus to drive down the overall freight expenses, material liability and cost of managing materials.
- Prepare supply reporting for assigned product category to be incorporated into business reviews for senior management.
- Assist in the development of key reports, measurement, and benchmarks to improve purchasing and supplier management processes
- Maintain PO information within Bushnell systems (including Quantity and Delivery Dates)
- Utilize software to generate statistical unit demand forecasting for customer/sku level
- Collaborate input from internal consensus participate (brand-marketing/sales)
- Manage sku level forecasting by customer-location
- Utilize software to establish inventory policies for assigned sku's.
- Responsible for achieving on-hand inventory goals through parameter settings and push/pull of inventory replenishment
- Product life cycle management (beginning of life-end of life planning)
- Manage product flow by month
- Plan exit strategies and transition plan for excess inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, purchasing, or manufacturing management related field and/or 7+ years related experience.
- Experience in demand planning
- Strong understanding of supply chain management practices (product development, sourcing, purchasing, decoration, demand planning)
- Ability to articulate assumptions, methods, and results to peers and management, and to influence decision making
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work well with teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Complex math to include statistical analysis, comprehension of contracts, judgment and decision making.
- Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alternate hours may be required to communicate with Eastern Hemisphere contacts.
Non-smoking office environment with periodic visits to and audits of warehouse inventory.
Works alone and with others, and requires oral, written and face-to-face contact with others.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled