Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services - Rutherford , New Jersey, United States, 07070
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
This position is responsible for the strategic sourcing of various indirect procurement categories (with a concentration on Professional Services), negotiating purchases of products and services, developing supplier agreements, and delivering financial savings.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing of various products and services across multiple business lines by leveraging the end-to-end sourcing and stakeholder engagement process.
- Partnering, interfacing, and building relationships with internal customers to understand their requirements for products and services.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute supplier agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, and RFx documents with the objective of creating strategic business opportunities and savings for the organization.
- Build and maintain strategic supplier relationships to help reduce costs and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Utilize multi-step sourcing to gather requirements, launch RFx initiatives, evaluate and analyze results, and communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization and external supply base.
- Evaluate and manipulate supplier spend data to assess savings opportunities and develop category strategies.
- Utilize legal and risk management knowledge to minimize contractual risk, obtain executive signatures, and avoid contractual and/or commitment issues.
- Ensure that suppliers and service providers comply with all service level agreements and regulatory requirements for the products and/or services that they provide.
- Reviewing specifications and Capital Expense Requests to understand internal client needs, budgetary requirements, and savings opportunities meeting project deliverables and timelines.
- Providing strategic sourcing support for "special projects"
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative supplier analyses and formulating appropriate recommendations.
- Exercising ethical business practices and being familiar with legal requirements.
- Generating revenue through productivity initiatives, rebates, and contract signing bonuses.
- Advocate issues between suppliers and internal clients.
- Contributing to the development of business system initiatives and enhancements.
Education & Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferred - areas of concentration in business.
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Indirect Sourcing experience (with a concentration on Professional Services, including HR, Legal, Real Estate, etc.).
- Prior experience in a similar Procurement position.
- Experience with an E-Sourcing tool, Oracle iProcurment, MS Office Suite and other web based communication tools.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service, client support and business service consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Confident and comfortable recommending solutions and implementing change.
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.