Sr. Lead, Category Strategy - Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21201
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance. Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry, and light throughout the course of a game, practice, or workout.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. Today, with millions of unique registered users across UA's Connected Fitness community, the brand is resonating with more athletes than ever before, and we're investing to change the way athletes live.
UA is an environment where building a great team is vital, and where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. Our teammates and the world's hungriest athletes alike, live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
The Sr. Lead, Category Strategist will be given a unique opportunity to drive analysis on consumer segmentation, competitive landscape, and market share to inform and create category strategy. Be engrained with the categories and the Category GM, this role will support business case analysis for strategic shifts (e.g. new points of distribution, new target consumers). Additionally, the Sr. Lead, Category Strategist will drive and execute special in-season strategies to test and learn from deployment. The role will partner with Corporate Strategy, other Group Category Strategy Leads, and Regional Strategy to refine and execute the overall Under Armour strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(other duties may be assigned):
3 Year Business Plans and Strategic Investment Process: Create, own and manage the 3 Year Planning Process that helps drive the long-term strategic priorities for the group categories. Responsibilities include partnering with key leaders across the categories to assist in the development of their 3-year annual business plans. Project management is critical to the success of this process as you will be responsible for managing complex calendars, facilitation of key meetings and communication to drive key strategic investment decisions based on these plans to ultimately support our long-range plans.
Strategy Evaluation Process: Responsible for management of the Strategy Evaluation process as the defined project manager responsible creating and coordinating an on-going process to read and react to the fluid state of our Strategy in partnership with Finance/Strategy Partners, FP&A and Strategic Projects
- Strategy Scorecard: Design a scorecard for executives to monitor and adjust our strategy based on key performance indicators.
- ExCom Meetings: Manage and coordinate the ExCom Meetings to review Key performance indicators and monitor investments made to date as well as discuss additional investment opportunities as they come up.
- Contingency & GAP Analysis: Perform deep dive analytics on our strategy to assess GAPs and develop contingencies to our strategy
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Team focused
- Action oriented player who is comfortable driving projects independently, with senior guidance
- Work under pressure quickly, effectively and efficiently
- High relationship ability (able to understand and relate to different teammate audiences across the Company, at all levels - both very senior and junior)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.A required
- MBA Strongly preferred
- 6+ years of Strategy, Product or Consulting Experience Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel