Sr. Director of Public Relations & Communications - Sewickley , Pennsylvania, United States, 15143
re you an experienced public relations leader looking to make your next career move? If you're passionate about helping brands grow exposure across industry and national media, the Senior Director of Public Relations and Communications role may be the right fit for you. ServiceLink is an established leader in mortgage services and technology. Proud of our 50+ year legacy, our team members thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment that recognizes and rewards quality work, innovation, and business results.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role, you will
· Serve as a strategic advisor to company leadership in order to sustain and strengthen industry and public perception of ServiceLink and its divisions.
· Lead a team of communication professionals and agency partners to grow ServiceLink's brand across the residential lending and financial services industry.
· Leverage or build relationships with important media contacts (e.g., reporters, editors) and influencers to improve ServiceLink's visibility and presence with industry trade media, adjacent national and regional media, and among local media outlets in key ServiceLink markets.
· Translate new opportunities and ideas into actionable and measurable plans.
· Oversee ServiceLink's internal employee communications and recruitment marketing functions to maximize employee engagement and support talent acquisition.
· Collaborate with other marketing leaders and their teams to support the planning and execution of the strategic communications plan.
· Contribute to critical marketing strategies, including but not limited to thought leadership content, social media marketing, and event marketing.
· Consult with internal clients to develop appropriate communications solutions to meet their needs. Utilize communications methods and techniques to create strategic approaches to meet objectives. Plan and manage the execution of the strategic communications plan and the implementation of communications tactics. Monitor and measure communications efforts.
· Be accountable for all of the company's external communications, including serving as the official spokesperson with media outlets, trade associations, local government contacts and more.
WHO YOU ARE
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a corporate or agency-based public relations, media relations, or communications-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive writing experience, which can be demonstrated, is a must. Must be skilled with the latest versions of Microsoft Office applications. Experience in preparing and executing marketing campaigns also required.
· Strong executive presence. Able to succinctly communicate with high impact both verbally and in writing.
· Meticulous project management skills working across multiple cross-functional teams.
· Passion for developing strengths and skillsets of colleagues and direct reports.
· Skilled people manager capable of effectively managing up, down, and across a large, complex organization.
DETAILED JOB DUTIES
· Develop and implement measurable media and public relations strategies and campaigns. Recommend budget to support the execution of plans. Leverage results to influence across the organization. Create a comprehensive calendar of publications and communications activities.
· Create pitches, news releases, media advisories, key messages, talking points, press kits, and research to accurately position the company as a critical resource in mortgage technology and financial services and to develop and maintain brand consistency.
· Support team in crisis communications situations, working with the Senior Vice President of Marketing and executive leadership and the media in an accurate and timely manner with meticulous messaging.
· Analyze situations, objectives, audiences, and strategies to identify and select appropriate communications media. Identify communications vehicles (e.g., newsletters, emails, videos) to provide information to employees and clients in multiple ways.
· Recommend and manage relationships with external agency partners ensuring maximum value of engagements.
· Support increasing social media engagement for ServiceLink and its divisions.
· Develop a long-term employee communications strategy to effectively leverage available channels with the company's messaging needs.
· Oversee the management of the corporate intranet site.
· Write, edit, and produce communications as necessary, including brainstorming ideas for campaigns, suggesting creative solutions to challenges, and working with other team members to achieve successful, effective programs. Ensure that quality standards are met by reviewing the accuracy and completeness of communications materials.
· Consult with internal clients to create appropriate communications solutions to meet their needs. Utilize communications methods and techniques to develop strategic approaches to meet objectives. Manage the execution of the strategic communications plan and the implementation of communications tactics. Monitor and measure communications efforts.
· Coordinate projects with internal departments and/or external vendors (e.g., ServiceLink Facilities team, advertising agencies, freelance writers, video production companies). Evaluates and manages vendor relationships based on a specialty area, cost-effectiveness, quality of work, etc.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a corporate or agency-based public relations, media relations or communications-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive writing experience, which can be demonstrated, is a must. Must be skilled with latest versions of Microsoft Office applications. Experience in preparing and executing public relations or marketing campaigns also required.
· Previously served as media spokesperson on behalf of employer or client.
· Superior writing skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
· Superior editing skills and attention to detail.
· Superior proofreading skills.
· Knowledge of opportunities, trends, and features in both traditional and social media space.
· Familiarity with the production requirements for printed material
· Knowledge of communications practices and techniques
· Ability to translate key messages into understandable and interesting material.
· Ability to communicate company philosophy, policy, and marketing strategy to employees and outside stakeholders.
· Effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to establish priorities and schedule work to accomplish tasks and objectives.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public