Sr. Analyst, Strategy, Data and Analytics - Arlington , Virginia, United States, 22201
The Analytics Analyst is a valued member within the Strategy, Data and Analytics department. The Analytics Analyst will work with internal stakeholders to identify, analyze, and interpret business trends, risks, and opportunities and make appropriate recommendations for actions to be taken. A successful candidate will fully understand the details of multi-channel, direct to consumer marketing techniques and strategies. S/He/They must possess the ability to effectively communicate performance trends and results to business leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform periodic reviews of key marketing campaign assumptions such as response curves, revenue attribution methods, and marketing investment thresholds.
- Work with business managers and senior executives to generate profit and loss expectations for new marketing campaigns and business initiatives.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support the business including evaluating test performance and provide actionable recommendations, developing sensitivity and scenario models to evaluate new initiatives, assisting with strategic imperatives (e.g. contact strategy, ROI analysis).
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with multiple business and technology teams and key vendors to ensure data integrity and develop new capabilities to improve analysis and reporting.
- Utilize tools such as Google Analytics and Looker as well as custom SQL programming to create and automate reports and ad hoc analyses.
- Provide senior executives and line of business managers with data-driven decision support through reporting and analysis.
- Forecast revenue, costs, and marketing contribution to help inform investment decisions.
- Liaison with the Data Services group for issues impacting data needed for reporting and analysis.
- Measure incremental ROI across a variety of Marketing campaigns.
- Manage the development and scoring updates to response models. An outsourced vendor is used for the bulk of this process.
- Manage 3rd party data enhancements to our customer file.
- Define analytics development roadmap.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related profession/field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital analytics.
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis, SQL programming, comfortable presenting analysis to executive level staff.
- 3+ years of SQL programming experience and a working knowledge of statistical data tools.
- Strong knowledge of Excel formulas, macros and pivot tables
- Experience working in direct-to-consumer marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.