Specialist, Bus Consulting - Financial Operations - Columbus, Ohio, United States, 43085
The compensation for this role is an F band.
- This role can be filled at either a Specialist and Sr. Analyst level depending on experience.
Job Description Summary
JOB SUMMARY: Acts independently or as a member of a team responsible for providing business process modeling competency. Participates in ongoing process modeling, analysis, and design efforts. Provides basic business performance management, organizational design, and business risk management capabilities to formulate pragmatic, forward facing, and actionable business transformation plans. Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve simple to moderate business problems by innovative application of technology. Participates in design and definition of a project (or solution) in the initiate phase of the solution delivery life cycle. Requires sound understanding of business processes, systems, organizational structure, and industry requirements.
The compensation for this role is an F band.
This role can be filled at either a Specialist and Sr. Analyst level depending on experience.
Analysis and support for Nationwide Financial's Financial Applications that are used for Mutual Fund Back office operations such as fund pricing, trading, performance, reconciliation and disbursements/taxes.
Providing guidance and support for Nationwide Financial projects (including tier 1 efforts) related to financial applications and processes.
Gathering and writing requirements, creating and executing effective test plans for financial applications.
The successful candidate will:
be capable of managing or coordinating project activity
feel comfortable working with complex business and systems processes with significant ambiguity
have a good understanding of project and development life cycles and methodologies (agile/waterfall/hybrid)
understand basic accounting principles
be a self starter
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager/Director
1. With full competency, partners with management and peers to transform their businesses through the strategic application of people, processes, and technology. Under minimum guidance, participates in strategic planning process for his/her department by identifying complexities, dependencies, and redundancies in the business model.
2. With full competency participates in business process analysis/design, stakeholder needs assessments, and cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align information technology solutions with business strategies and directions. Participates in the planning of business-specific technology plans. Consults with functional groups within IT and internal business clients to develop short- and long-term business transformation plans.
3. Develops and implements new business processes or modifications to existing processes. Acts as an internal business product and process consultant responsible for communicating to customers, management and external sources.
4. Conducts analysis of complex business and user needs, definition of business requirements and recommendations of appropriate solutions and business strategies. Provides business process management and technical consulting and expertise to management in resolving complex business problems.
5. Identifies the critical elements of a business process that need to be monitored and managed. Reports performance in a way that generates a balanced and rational response from senior and junior management.
6. As a team member, participates in analysis and design of organizational structures, roles, responsibilities, governance, staffing, and sourcing to support business goals, strategies, and process architecture. Provides significant contribution in executing department level change such as change in business model, restructuring operations, new technologies, re-engineering, etc.
7. Formulates defines and drafts complex systems scopes and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Negotiates compromises arising from conflicting customer and systems requirements.
8. Trains customers on business, technological, societal, and environmental trends to support strategies for improving business performance with particular emphasis on emerging business practices, technologies and methodologies that are applicable to the insurance and financial services industry.
9. Develops implements and distributes strategic solutions and methodologies for an assigned business unit.
10. Facilitates strategic projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing products, procedures and/or workflow needs associated with business systems for the company. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
11. Analyzes and researches new and existing products, procedures, and/or workflow needs associated with business systems. Conducts analysis of releases for regulatory and compliance changes to determine effect on business and application processes as well as operations.
12. Involved with the modification of procedures to solve complex business problems by the innovative application of technology. May recommend and facilitate quality improvement efforts.
13. Assists in the development and implementation of compelling business cases to accomplish business objectives. Assists with the identification, assessment and mitigation of business risks associated with the current operating model and/or desired target state operating models.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, insurance, mathematics, computer science or related field is preferred. Prefer degree or professional insurance coursework.
Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of standards, best practices, methodologies, and frameworks associated with the insurance/financial services industry, business process management, and the IT discipline. Must have sound knowledge of a wide variety of tools, concepts, and techniques of business process modeling, analysis, and design. sound knowledge of emerging industry, competitor, customer demography, regulatory, and market trends as they relate to insurance, reinsurance, and related financial services industries. Sound understanding of new technologies and developments in the technology industry and their application to the Nationwide environment. Thorough knowledge of the systems development life cycle. Sound knowledge of project management concepts and techniques are required. Thorough knowledge of facilitation, performance management, organizational design, and organization change management.
Experience: Six years of progressive experience in business consulting and analysis involving business process analysis and design, performance improvement, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing. Project management experience is preferred.
Skills: Must have the ability to manage large or complex projects. Must have the ability to analyze and design organizational structures, roles, responsibilities, governance, staffing, and sourcing. Demonstrated ability to steer organization-wide change such as change in business model, restructuring operations, new technologies, mergers, major collaborations, etc. Must have the ability to develop and apply innovative approaches to business problems and opportunities. Must have strong project and process management skills. Must have the ability to lead effectively in an environment of change and ambiguity. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels within the company as well as external parties.
Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and Human Resources
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment; extended and/or non-standard work hours as needed.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Title Edited March 2010 JDC - provided by Dice