Sourcing & Procurement Supervisor - Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85003
Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Development, Air Mi
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer's sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product's construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We're a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Our Purchasing team helps AIR MI win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value, challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage.
We are looking for an impact-driven Purchasing - Sourcing and Procurement Supervisor who will join the Purchasing team at Air MI in Goodyear, AZ . You will gain exposure to all elements of our manufacturing organization - engineering, tooling, facilities & maintenance, production, technology, and so on. You will partner with these functional stakeholders to understand their buying strategy and needs.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive purchasing operational excellence which includes leveraging preferred purchasing/transaction methods, payment methodology and working capital principles
- Perform purchasing transactions related to procurement operations (PO, requisitions, vendor master, supplier relationship management, invoice problem solving)
- Support the implementation of purchasing operational policies, processes and procedures to elevate purchasing and procurement operations and improve performance metrics
- Collaborate with NIKE Purchasing and Procurement team members to leverage best practices, tools, and to ensure process consistency
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Execute 7 step sourcing competitive bidding: RFx (Request for Quote, Proposal, Information)
- Spend analysis
- Perform contract reviews for business terms
You will tackle challenging hands-on work, gain exposure to diverse stakeholders, and share in the success of the projects assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with Purchasing and Procurement tools e.g. Pega, Coupa or other PO workflow
- Previous work in manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Business coursework experience preferred
- Project management abilities/experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, creative problem solver & want to get their "hands dirty"
- Able to think on their feet and articulate problems well
- Passion for the Nike brands
- Experience in SAP
- Previous experience or coursework focused on procurement, operations, supply chain, or finance
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit in fast-paced environment
- General financial skills/knowledge
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment