Sourcing & Procurement Senior Consultant - Charlotte, North Carolina, United States, 28262
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate s Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) is seeking a Sourcing Senior Consultant to join its Sourcing Management Team.
The role will be responsible to implement and execute sourcing strategies for medium to high complexity sourcing projects, primarily in the Consulting, HR Recruiting and HR Benefits categories. The role will facilitate activities utilizing the Procurement Lifecycle (assessment, selection, contract, and performance management) to enable clients to deliver on their business objectives and category objectives. The role has responsibility for support and implementation of sourcing initiatives and assignments in support of category strategies and business unit sourcing needs. The role interacts with leadership and stakeholders internal and external to the company by utilizing repeatable sourcing processes to deliver on business objectives. The Senior Consultant I will analyze problems and contribute to sourcing strategic direction utilizing industry best practices.
* Develops approach for sourcing medium to high complexity initiatives. Work collaboratively with internal business stakeholders and category teams to understand business objectives, requirements, market /industry benchmarks and trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities.
* Provides technical expertise to support teams internal and external to SPS to support category initiative implementation the procurement project pipeline and metrics for overseeing performance and risk.
* Integrates sourcing strategy for low- medium complexity sourcing projects which includes ability to utilize appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, follow standard operating procedures established to execute source to pay processes.
* Collect and monitor internal and external category information (business needs, spend, risk, performance, market best practices) to support sourcing initiatives, maintenance and oversight.
* Intermediate negotiation for low-medium complexity and risk projects to drive a clear understanding of supplier, performance expectations. Works with category management and supplier management leaders to establish sourcing project objectives and associated success criteria. May on occasion work on higher complexity initiatives, with in a supporting or leading role.
* In partnership with supplier management, facilitate business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and participate to identify performance issues through on-going process/service delivery improvement.
* Participate in discussions with internal business stakeholders, expense managers, and key stakeholders to identify demand management guidelines. Leverage data and analytics to provide analysis/ reporting on a sourcing event.
* Execute all facets of the source to pay processes, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Education and Experience
* 5 or more years of related experience in sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, procurement tools and RFP development and execution.
* Prior experience in the professional services categories, particularly Consulting, HR Recruiting (assessments, job boards, RPO, recruiting), and HR Benefits (administrative services, fully insured benefits, other HR services).
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience; may also have advanced degree
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* CPSM, Six Sigma, CPCU
* Experience in sourcing for medium complexity commodities while driving value in a large global procurement organization.
* Experience with proactively formulating strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
* Intermediate supplier relationship management skill set
* Experience working within a fast paced, highly matrixed, agile environment.
* Collaborative, strategic thinker with experience in influencing others and gaining acceptance of ideas to achieve goals and objectives
* Strong time management and project management skills
* Change management and customer service excellence mindsets.
* Intermediate analytical capabilities including cost modeling
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment - provided by Dice