Senior Supply Chain Analyst - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Analyst responsible for tracking inventory from time of order through time of delivery at CMO locations. This position will maintain accurate and timely dual inventories in both the AveXis and CMO's ERP systems, which includes execution or oversight of regular physical inventories and manufacturing consumption data. The successful candidate will perform regular reviews of supplier performance and provide support to alleviate any supplier issues. This role will support External Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning and Strategic Sourcing teams by keeping them apprised of production schedules and material forecasts/delivery schedules and any issues that arise. This role will also coordinate with purchasing and warehouse teams to ensure materials are available and shipped for scheduled production, as required. This individual will also expedite and revise orders to meet the changing needs of the business, and work with Quality to process goods receipts of inventory from the CMO. The Senior Supply Chain Analyst will be directly involved with maintaining data in both the AveXis and CMO's ERP systems.
- Track all raw materials from time of order through time of receipt at CMO locations.
- Maintain accurate and timely dual inventory in both AveXis and CMO systems.
- Accountable for maintaining inventory at planned levels.
- Execute or oversee regular physical inventories and consumption data reports.
- Perform regular reviews of supplier performance and work with management to alleviate any supplier issues.
- Develop and/or report key performance metrics related to inventory management.
- Key participant in quarterly business reviews and/or S&OP reviews.
- Collaborate with External Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning and Strategic Sourcing on production schedules, material forecasts, delivery schedules and issues that arise.
- Coordinate with the purchasing, warehouse and quality teams on standard and expedited material shipment requests and goods receipts.
- Maintain and update the item master data as needed/requested.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- 4+ years of supply chain or inventory management experience in pharmaceuticals or other regulated GxP environment preferred.
- ERP software experience required.
- Must be able to operate with limited supervision and exercise proper judgment in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-50%.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.