Senior Supply Chain Analyst Logistics Services - Basking Ridge , New Jersey, United States, 07920
What you'll be doing...
You'll support all activity related to fulfillment for Wireless Network orders shipping from our outsourced Distribution Center, and act as the primary liaison between Verizon and transportation carriers, tracking/monitoring and reporting on all Wireless Network shipments. You'll also analyze and identify operational and cost savings opportunities related to shipping processes and transportation, and be Responsible for claims management, enhancing end customer experience, and reducing carrier's time in transit. You'll assist in identifying, developing and modifying transportation reports for Supply Chain ensuring all information is accurate while supporting various Supply Chain projects related to Distribution and transportation. O ccasional onsite presence in the distribution centers to support written assessments for management that detail findings.
- Manage transportation carriers daily to ensure all Wireless Network orders are shipped and delivered to meet the customers expected delivery times/dates and contractual service levels.
- Facilitate and attend weekly/monthly calls providing the transportation carrier's updates on weekly order trending, order volume changes and discrepancies issues that have occurred, implementing corrective action to avoid further issues.
- Oversee the daily flow of Wireless Network orders. Ensure best-cost transportation methods are arranged to meet the expected delivery times and Verizon security requirements.
- Analyze transportation data and identify opportunities to improve operational processes and reduce transportation cost. Lead implementation of these improvements.
- Develop and maintain accurate weekly and monthly reporting of carrier performance, freight expenditure, ordering patterns and transportation cost for expedited shipments.
- Identify and resolve any reporting discrepancies.
- Develop new transportation reports to align with continually changing business directives.
- Track and monitor transportation carrier loss/damage percentages and dollars as well as claim reimbursement.
- Facilitate and support various Wireless Network special projects and initiatives.
- Conduct warehouse visits to Distribution Center to observe processes and identify opportunities for business efficiencies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing all modes of transportation.
- Experience with all MS Office products.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, IE or a related field.
- Analytical background in creating and analyzing reporting trends and performance.
- Organizational, interpersonal and follow up skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively.
- Customer service skills required with internal customers.
- Ability to work well independently and with team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage third party vendor management staff on daily performance issues.
- Ability to lead projects and handle multiple tasks to meet required deadlines on time.
- Effectively embraces change and adapts to current business needs.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.