Senior Strategy Director - Missouri, United States,
We Are Hiring
Senior Strategy Director - Strategic Planning - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to direct the delivery of the Strategy Ministry Wide Function's responsibilities across Ministry Markets and serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of ambulatory, service line and business planning.
The Senior Director of Strategy directs the delivery of the Strategy MWF's 10 key responsibilities across Ascension's Ministry Markets and serves as a subject matter expert in the areas of ambulatory, service line, and business planning, reducing the Ministry Markets' reliance on external consulting firms. Partners with Ministry Market Chief Strategy Officers to develop growth strategies, including associated strategic, business and capital plans. Partners with the Vice President, Strategy to lead the design and delivery of Ascension's annual Integrated Strategic, Operational and Financial Planning (ISOFP) process and implementation of Ascension's Strategic Direction.
- Provides leadership to the design and delivery of strategic projects within the Ministry Markets that are aligned with the Strategy MWF's 10 key responsibilities and consistent with its internal consulting model, including the oversight and management of all internal expert pool resources and external subject matter experts.
- Partners with Ministry Market Chief Strategy Officers to develop three to five year strategic plans.
- In collaboration with Ministry Market Chief Strategy Officers, leads Ministry Market service line strategic planning processes.
- Partners with the Ministry Market Chief Strategy Officers to develop ambulatory strategic plans, including the design of the underlying analytics framework.
- Supports Ministry Market leaders in the development of growth strategies, including major capital project business plans.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner to Ministry Market Chief Strategy Officers in merger and acquisition discussions.
- Contributes to the development and preparation of ISOFP related materials that support the annual process and enable key System-level stakeholder groups (eg, Leadership Community Council) to understand the strategic risks, opportunities and potential disruptions facing Ascension.
- Supports activities to advance Ascension's Strategic Direction, including but not limited to, the ongoing implementation Ascension's core initiatives and new models.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)