Senior Research and Consulting Analyst - Public Sector - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- A Master's or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline. Equivalent analytical experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree
- 2+ years of professional hands-on analytic experience working in a matrix organization environment; include experience in building research or analytic studies, benchmarking reports, statistical models, risk strategies, monitoring services, and/or other quantitative solutions
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data with advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python
- Strong independence and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to clearly articulate ideas, requirements, processes and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic with a passion for team success
What We'd Love to See:
- Experience writing intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. IBM Netezza, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark) preferred
- Experience working in the public sector (i.e., federal or state agency experience) is strongly preferred
Impact You'll Make:
In this position, you will join a world-class group of statisticians, data scientists, modelers and industry experts on a mission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a collaborative environment and be recognized for the work you deliver. TransUnion offers a culture of lifelong learning and as a Senior Analyst here, your growth potential is limitless. The Senior Analyst role within the Public Sector Research and Consulting team is responsible for delivering market-level business intelligence both to TransUnion's senior management and to Public Sector customers--federal, state and local government agencies, based on the analysis of very large consumer descriptive and behavioral datasets.
To be successful in this position, you must have good organizational skills, a strong analytical mindset and a flexible predisposition. You will also be expected to become more independent over time and able to lead and present projects with minimal supervision. Your impact to the team can be delivered and demonstrated in the following:
- Develop a strong understanding of consumer credit data and how it applies to industry trends and research
- Translate complex analytical findings into insightful business presentations
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- Develop strong consulting skills and to be able to help external customers by understanding their business needs and aligning them with TransUnion's product offerings and capabilities
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning)
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets, using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Analyst, Analytics Consulting - provided by Dice