Senior Public Safety Communications Consultant - Albany, New York, United States, 12201
The Senior Public Safety Communications Consultant will collaborate and contribute to identifying potential technology solutions starting with the initial client engagement and then progress through the service lifecycle by soliciting the client requirements, assessing the client's current state, developing recommendations, developing notional design solutions, implementation oversight, validation and deployment of end-to-end solutions that meet customer requirements, as well as post-launch technical activities such as assisting the implementation vendor(s) with troubleshooting, operations review, ongoing service development/optimization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess exceptional written and verbal communications, exceptional interpersonal skills, and can manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking with a strong customer focus. Must demonstrate expertise in an area of specialization and apply and interpret fundamental principles, theories and concepts within this specialization. Ability to demonstrate complex problem-solving skills and develop solutions through research and analysis. Ability to work independently and under general supervision. Ability to serve as a resource to less experienced personnel. Experience participating in the business development and sales process (proposal writing, presentations, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years' or Masters' degree with at least 5 years' experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
Candidates matching the following requirements may apply:
- Conduct design work for telecommunications systems, specifically for land mobile radio, APCO Project 25 radio systems, and microwave for public safety
- Coordinate public safety wireless needs assessments, including requirements gathering from first responders, radio site surveys, coverage analysis, frequency analysis, and analysis of design options
- Create public safety requirements-based specifications and incorporate into procurement documents to acquire equipment and services
- Manage the site-specific requirements gathering and approval process, construction managers and inspectors performing quality assurance including radio tower acquisition and construction management activities
- Develop project scope, roles, responsibilities and detailed implementation plans
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach or have overall responsibility for the engineering work to include the specifications and design, project scope, and detailed project plans for dispatch and remote communications facilities
- Provide leadership and strategic implementation support for complex 9-1-1 systems
- Lead and participate in the development of reports, analyses, and presentations
- Remain current on industry, policy, funding, and legislative changes related to 9-1-1; assess impact to clients
- Share technical knowledge and expertise with peers-exchanging ideas, concepts, and processes that create a strong team approach to problem-solving and client solutions
- Advanced practical experience in IP-based and wireless technologies in the public safety environment
- Advanced practical experience in the application of technical standards to actual product features and functions.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local agency activities related to public safety dispatch operations and 9-1-1 call taking.
- Recognition and understanding of all public safety communications systems and their operational impact, such as CAD, RMS and MDT operations.
- Minimum five years of experience in the public safety environment.
- Experience implementing and managing Project-25 compliant radio communications systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven and comprehensive knowledge of technical standards that apply to the concepts (e.g. system of systems, Interoperable solutions, NG911 and FirstNet).
- Minimum ten years of experience with radio and wireless communications systems.
- Emergency Number Professional (ENP) certification.
- Project manager Professional (PMP).
GENESYS is an equal opportunity employer.