Senior Proposal Writer, Public Sector - Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44114
Functional Title: Senior Proposal Writer, Public Sector
Grade Level: 80
Job Code: 107062
Reports to: Head of Payments Commercialization & Proposal Management
Enterprise Payments (EP) helps clients run their business better every day. The Payments Commercialization and Proposal Management team drives revenue within Enterprise Payments by delivering the best content and proposals, in the best way, at the best time to empower EP sales teams. The Proposal Team is responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality Requests for Proposals that raise the overall profile of EP within the marketplace.
The role of the Senior Proposal Writer is to establish clear and consistent branding and messaging through the creation and strategic delivery of product content by responding to Public Sector and Merchant Services proposal requests, as well as through ongoing thought leadership in the development of tools and services designed to increase effectiveness and generate revenue for the business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and respond to the technical requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and other client solicitations from Public Sector (government, higher education, municipalities, etc.) clients, focusing on Merchant Services/Payments Processing services.
- Drive the proposal development process through the entire life cycle; including partnering with Sales to develop a strategy and win theme, RFP structure, approach, and milestones.
- Conceptualize, write, and review compelling proposal documents.
- Collaborate with members of Sales, Marketing, Product and third-party vendors to develop content ensuring it is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Ability to collaborate with other EP teams to identify partnerships for upcoming RFPs, including but not limited to new or enhanced product launches, marketplace positioning, and the inclusion of meaningful graphics/visual customization.
- Adhere to all proposal and project deadlines including managing timely receipt of all facets of the proposal such as edits, pricing, and final approvals.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of proposal development resources, processes, tools, and knowledgebase.
- Provide training to fellow team members as necessary regarding RFP best practices and writing techniques.
- 7-10 years of RFP experience, preferably in the financial services industry and focused on Public Sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Business, or Marketing preferred.
- Strong written, editorial, and verbal skills. Must possess the ability to articulate complex subject matter in a clear and conversational way.
- Demonstrated track record of success working in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter with high attention to detail that has the ability to work with all levels of the organization in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Creative problem-solver that can react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Experience with RFP Workflow System (Loopio, Qvidian, PMaps, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies such as taking intelligent risks, ability to collaborate, strong moral compass, and challenging the status quo.
- Ability to mentor less tenured/experienced team members.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.