Senior People Strategy Analyst - Newark, California, United States, 94560
Strong systems skills and Excel wizard; technical aptitude, customer service oriented; sense of urgency; highly collaborative; attention to detail and accuracy; problem solver; energetic and enthusiastic; passionate about setting and enforcing high quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish appropriate auditing and monitoring of HR data to ensure accuracy.
- Create calculated fields within Workday to support reports, alerts and notifications
- Train end users on system functionality
- Manage UAT including creating test plans/test scripts and documenting outcomes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for projects requiring expertise in HR data, reporting, and analysis.
- Project manage new technology and tools implementation for HR including vendor analysis, documentation, project plans, etc.
- Upgrade: Review new functionality in Workday as part of upgrade, identify impacts and ways to leverage functionality, and make configuration changes as required/necessary -- Perform upgrade testing - - regression test existing processes, test new upgrade functionality, and test impacted areas
- Proactively prototype functionality in Workday; leverage unused functionality to automate, streamline, meet business needs and address areas for improvement.
- Configure Workday business processes / workflows and custom notifications (to update, streamline, and/or automate)
- Evaluate business processes and develop process improvements.
- Document business requirements and business processes.
- Review/approve tasks in Workday
- Assist with annual focal cycle
- Audit data entry in Workday
- Analyze, test, execute mass data changes in Workday (via EIB); test and validate in Sandbox, obtain HR sign-off prior to load to Production
- Conduct regular auditing of HR data to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Run audit reports in Workday, identify and clean up discrepancies in Workday
- Troubleshoot technical and data issues.
- Read and respond to inquiries that are sent to Workday
- Provide level 2 support by troubleshooting issues & documenting
- Create (and maintain) alerts to ensure they are still needed and pulling the correct data.
- Distribute documents as needed (for example updated handbooks etc.)
- Develop simple to complex HR reports using data from multiple HR data sources to meet weekly, monthly and quarterly customer requirements. Decipher report requirements ensuring appropriate data sourcing to accurately achieve desired outcomes.
- Manage US and International payroll exports and act as primary liaison with Payroll department.
- Ensure the appropriate privacy controls are followed.
- Assist with projects and configuration testing.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 1-5 years of human resources experience.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in HR or a systems or business related field.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Very detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to deal effectively with a global multi-cultural team and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Work well amid ambiguity.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Highly collaborative and willing to help with anything that comes up.
- Self-directed, able to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential data with a high-level of professionalism.