Senior Manager Supply Chain, External Planning and Delivery - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Within Operations and Global Supply Chain, External Supply Planning and Delivery manages the Plan-To-Stock and Order-To-Cash business processes in support of supplying Amgen's markets with medicines sourced from Contract Manufacturing Sites. Amgen orchestrates over 50 Contract Manufacturing Sites in the US and abroad to meet the operational and supply requirements for multiple clinical and commercial programs.
- Manage a Team of Supply Chain Professionals to ensure seamless demand and supply planning, inventory control, end-to-end order and financial flow oversight, delivery coordination throughout the life cycle of all commercial and clinical materials sourced from Amgen's Contract Manufacturing Sites (Product SKU launch, line extensions, CMC and labeling variations, tech transfers);
- Is an integral member of the Amgen Site Management Teams led by the ACM Site Managers to execute on the approved manufacturing strategies and in compliance with contractual terms;
- Negotiate supply chain specific contract terms with internal and external customers;
- Comply with and continually improve Service Level Agreements with External Supply functions (Amgen Contract Manufacturing and Raw Material & Device);
- Comply with and continually improve Service Level Agreements with all Regional, Site, and Global Supply Chain functions; drive effective oversight of demand and supply hand-offs through Demand and Operating Reviews;
- Ensure excellent communication re: Plan-To-Stock and Order-To-Cash with the Contract Manufacturing Sites; manage Team to ensure performance levels are consistently met;
- Leverage Operational Excellence and Human Performance practices to effectively resolve internal and external events impacting Amgen's ability to supply patients;
- Ensure that Amgen's required Operating Standards are implemented and sustained at Contract Manufacturing Sites;
- Monitor business performance through appropriate KPIs; benchmark internally and within industry to adopt best practices and drives continuous improvement;
- Work under minimal supervision in line with Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes.
Master's degree and 8 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
Associate's degree and 12 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
High school diploma / GED and 15 years of experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Life Science or advanced degree
- Significant experience in regulated manufacturing or supply chain setting
- Demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement role utilizing tools, methodologies and change management (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Human Performance)
- Demonstrated experience in forming-leading-facilitating-inspiring teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse, global stakeholder groups and manage projects with
- Proven communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in SAP and RapidResponse ERP environments
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with external parties and contract development experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, business acumen and risk management
- Training and/or demonstrated experience in manufacturing systems
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.