Senior Manager/Manager, Corporate Strategy - Palo Alto , California, United States, 94301
Do you want to help drive change at one of the original Silicon Valley success stories? HP Inc. is looking for an analytical, strategic, driven individual to join our Corporate Strategy and Development team. Our team provides advice and strategic insight to company leaders in order to address our important challenges and growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives
- Provide highly innovative solutions
- Successfully operate in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful
- May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams
- Is comfortable mentoring and providing guidance
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as the primary job function
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages large, cross- functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post- advanced degree experience leading projects and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or similar strategy oriented industries/functions/roles. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage complex business and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, preferably within high tech industries
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- provided by Dice