Senior Manager CAR T Manufacturing Supply Chain - Warren , New Jersey, United States, 07059
Location: Warren, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 7 Powder Horn Drive 07059
Organization: Supply Chain
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
The Sr. Manager of CAR-T Manufacturing Supply Chain reports to the Director of Warren Manufacturing Business Operations and Supply Chain. This role is accountable to manage supply chain functional duties for a multi-product clinical manufacturing facility for Celgene Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell Therapies and will have direct reports. Responsible for planning, material handling, and supply chain management of personalized cell therapies produced at the clinical manufacturing site. Responsible for materials management, inventory control, product tracking (chain of identity and chain of custody), import/export permits, shipping/receiving, and cold chain logistics.
Work scope will include clinical manufacturing for all cell therapy products. This role will work with Manufacturing, Project Management, Operational Excellence, MS&T, Quality Assurance, Global Supply Chain, Process Development, Patient Operations, Clinical Specialists and Clinical Operations.
This position is based in Warren, NJ. Limited global travel up to 10% of time may be required.
Come join Celgene for this unique opportunity to be part of the team building a leading CAR T Platform that serves our patients with novel Celgene CAR T Therapies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Optimize internal capacity and capabilities to ensure clinical needs can be met.
- Ensure appropriate priorities, expectations, and results between the company and supply chain partners are defined using Service Level Agreements and Supply Contracts
- Participate in the S&OP cycle and escalate of critical risks and issues for resolution
- Serve as single point of contact between Global Patient Operations, Global Supply Chain and site
- Establish a well-designed integrated demand and supply plan from raw materials to final distribution
- Manage cell material handling and storage for leukapheresis, intermediate and drug product
- Implement metrics to track and manage completion of objectives and projects
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained and qualified for the activities they perform
- Support production related investigations, ensuring compliance with internal standards and regulatory requirements
- Create an environment of teamwork, open communication, and sense of urgency
- Lead as a change agent to promote flexibility, creativity, and accountability
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Foster a culture of compliance and strong environmental, health, and safety performance
- Promote a mindset of continuous improvement, problem solving, and prevention
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage direct reports
- Hands-on expertise in cGMP end-to-end supply chain management, demand tools, ERP systems, cold chain logistics, and domestic/international distribution
- Ability to prioritize and provide clear direction to team members in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to rapidly solve problems and deal with organizational complexity
- Ability to prioritize and complete work with sense of urgency based on criticality
- Ability to interface cross-functionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong knowledge in pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, & supply chain
- High attention to detail skills
- High organization skills with ability to multi-task several objectives in parallel
- People and project management skills
- Proficient computer skills with Oracle, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project; Visio
- Required Bachelor s Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- Required Minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry (development, supply chain, technical operations, manufacturing, and/or project management)
- Required Minimum 2 years of people management experiencePreferred but not required:
- Certification in CPIM, CSCP, and/or CLTD
- Experience in biopharmaceutical clinical, supply chain, manufacturing, and commercialization
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Associated topics: forklift, inventory, lawn, manage, plant management, production management, prune, scanner, ship, transplant