Senior Manager: Manufacturing Strategy & Smart Operatio - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601
Work you'll do
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point- of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local office.
Supply Chain Networks
Our Supply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive advantages. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of 12+ years consulting and/or industry experience is required
- 8-10 years in supply chain leadership roles
- Broad understanding of supply chain methods, systems, networks, and enabling technologies
- Deep understanding of discreet and/or continuous manufacturing operations, maintenance programs (e.g. Reliability Centered Maintenance, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance, TPM/OPM programs, etc.), reliability programs and associated production/MRO supply chain processes & replenishment strategies
- Ability to articulate standard production, maintenance and supply chain key performance indicators (e.g. OEE, MTBF, MTTR, FPY, Inventory Turns, OTIF, etc.)
- Minimum five years of experience leading project teams, including P&L responsibility
- Minimum five years leading teams in delivering/presenting RFI/RFP responses to clients
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including presentation and documentation skills (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 100% as needed, during the normal work week
- Must be
legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for
employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- The ability to work independently, manage ambiguity, and consistently manage resources to meet both firm and client expectations
- In touch with industry trends and where the market and technologies are pointing
- Knowledge of next-generation digital technologies and advanced supply chain analytics a strong plus
- Experience working with common ERP/CMMS/EAM platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Maximo, Infor preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with other business functions such as engineering, quality, sales & marketing, finance etc. and their relationships within the supply chain a strong plus
- Knowledge of/certification in continuous process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma and Constraint Management (TOC) highly preferred
- Advanced degree is preferred
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- provided by Dice