Senior Manager, HR Change Management (Project Catapult) - Bethesda , Maryland, United States, 20813
The Organizational Capability(OC) COE is dedicated to enabling the organization through building businesscapabilities in the areas of organizational and process design, talentactivation, team effectiveness and change/deployment management. The OC COE isfocused broadly on strengthening the alignment between business priorities andorganizational strategy (structure, processes, systems, talent, change,culture, etc.). Through specific expertise in these efforts, we work to ensureMarriott International (MI) optimizes its return on human capital investmentsthrough a high performing organization.
The SeniorManager Change Management & Deployment Readiness is responsible for supportingthe creation and execution of the change management and deployment strategy fora global Human Capital Management and Payroll System implementation known as"Project Catapult".
ProjectCatapult is the next step in fulfilling Marriott's vision of a singleintegrated Workforce Management Platform and includes the implementation ofcloud-based Human Capital Management and payroll applications. Interestedcandidates will take on a project assignment to support this criticalinitiative for approximately 24 months. The exposure you will gain, fromthe people to the tools, will set you up to compete for a variety of rolesacross the organization at the conclusion of the project assignment. As amember of the Project Catapult team, you will be working with a diverse groupof stakeholders and supporting the technology of the future for Global HR. Thenew workforce management platform will impact associates globally and thejourney will be both challenging and rewarding.
The rolewill be responsible for developing and deploying change management anddeployment strategies through practical application of change managementknowledge, technical capabilities, and interpersonal skills; communicationstrategies, messaging, tactics, channels, and tools; and learning tools andtechniques to successfully achieve milestones and objectives of the project.The role will also require strong project management skills to create andimplement deployment readiness activities. The position should have aconsultative skill set and approach to problem solving, as well as a flexibleand collaborative working style. The resource should be comfortable leveragingstandard tools and best practices from prior experience to best meet projectneeds. The work requires the individual to be highly adaptable to change, workwithin tight timelines, and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholdergroups.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
ContributeChange Management Strategies
* Contributeto the development and execution of the change management strategy anddeployment plan for a global HCM and payroll systems implementation
* Contributeto the design and development of change management and deployment deliverables,including case for change, stakeholder analysis, change impact assessment,communication strategy/plan, leadership action plan, deployment roadmap, etc
* Leveragesbest in class change management and deployment models and methodologies (i.e.,stakeholder assessments, deployment readiness checklists) to provide consistentprocesses, tools, and services to customers.
* Implementschange management programs that ensure stakeholders are knowledgeable,prepared, and motivated for the changes and develop the skills and knowledgenecessary to be successful.
* Provideinput to ensure learning programs, training, and support materials areeffective.
ExecuteChange Management Activities
* Createand update resources to support the change management strategy, in coordinationwith communications team members, such as job aids, intranet pages, deploymentchecklists, etc
* Createand maintain the deployment readiness scorecard; monitor and managecross-functional teams to ensure critical activities are completed
* Managechange adoption efforts, facilitating measurement activities and analysis ofresults
* Developingmethods, tools, and templates for project teams on change management bestpractices, management concepts and approaches
* Buildand maintain relationships with stakeholders who have accountability forprogram or initiative execution
* Identifiesand mitigate deployment risks, manage escalations, capture feedback, resolveissues, and facilitate cross-group discussions to ensure efficient pilots andlaunches
* Buildsand maintains relationships with stakeholders who have accountability forprogram/initiative execution.
* Consultwith stakeholders across functional areas to ensure successful changemanagement occurs to support global pilots and launches.
* Analyzesinformation and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solveproblems.
* Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm,
* Inform and/or update executives, peers, andsubordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
* Manage time effectively and conducts activities inan organized manner.
* Presents ideas, expectations and information in aconcise, organized manner.
* Uses problem solving methodology for decisionmaking and follow up.
* Performs other reasonable duties as assigned bymanager.
* Support in Human Resources activities, as directedby leadership, for other roles on the PMO & Deployment Readiness team
Education and Experience
* 4-yearbachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration,Communications, Psychology, Marketing, or related major
* 6+years of overall work experience
* 4+years of related work experience work experience related to change managementand/or deployment consulting
* Experienceconsulting to business leaders and providing change management and deploymentsupport
* Experiencemanaging the change associated with a complex, global system implementation
* Demonstratedsuccess working in a complex, service-intensive and deadline driven environment
* Abilityto work and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders withina matrixed organization
* Ability to develop "client-ready" presentationmaterial and communicate effectively to broad range of stakeholders (includingsenior leaders and hotel associates)
* Strong project management and communications skills
* Proficiencywith Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
* Hospitalityexperience is a plus
Certifications Earnedon the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.