Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning - Summit , New Jersey, United States, 07901
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 556 Morris Avenue 07901
Organization: Supply Chain
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
SENIOR MANAGER, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
The Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning defines and manages the activities of the global supply chain for a portfolio of products. To accomplish this, the Sr. Manager uses the Oracle EBS / Advanced Supply Chain Planning suite to aggregate global demand from all streams, defines / interprets inventory-policy, verifies and reacts to network manufacturing-capacity, verifies / incorporates material availability constraints and generates a supply plan. The Sr. Manager utilizes the resulting data along with other tools and processes to generate and communicate monthly supply plans to the manufacturing sites. Also, the Sr. Manager reports monthly / quarterly supply activities and business performance, and escalates business-critical decision-points to management through a Sales and Operations Planning process. Finally, the Sr. manager leads and/or support multiple supply chain projects such as: product launches, line extensions, label changes, and other life-cycle management activities.
Projects in support of successful supply chain management include product launches, line extensions, label changes, inventory strategy implementation and process / systems optimization.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following for the assigned portfolio of products:
- Perform directly or manage a team that develops, publishes, and monitors global supply plans.
- Balances inventory, resources, and capacity considering demand from all sources (commercial, compassionate use, sample, free of charge, and clinical study, forecasts, sales orders, supplier managed inventories, stocking programs).
- The scope of this responsibility includes drug substance, drug product, finished goods, key starting materials and clinical trials materials as appropriate Work closely with manufacturing and logistics colleagues to ensure that supply plans are achievable through use of short and long term capacity planning, level loading, resource balancing, and other techniques.
- Work closely with development and regulatory organizations to ensure supply continuity after changes in biologics manufacturing processes with regulatory impact.
- Analyze and balance critical global manufacturing resources, such as capacity and material availability, with customer demand, using MRP and other tools to determine global supply requirements.
- Align supply plans with short term, long term, and strategic needs of Commercial Operations, GPDO, and Global Manufacturing.
- Ensure supply plans are aligned with Financial budget forecasts / commitments and Treasury strategies Monitor inventory strategy (safety stocks and sourcing) jointly with Global Demand Planning to mitigate supply chain risks for assigned commercialized products.
- Monitor safety stocks and inventory levels in a monthly basis to minimize the impact of demand forecast variability as well as to minimize the risk of inventory write-offs.
- Provide primary point of contact for day-to-day decision-making and elevation/resolution of issues relating to supply and inventory.
- Gather and synthesize timely and detailed data to support and / or create S&OP reports.
- Present information at meetings or related forums.
- Optimize supply chain planning processes/systems and develop standard methodologies to integrate biologics planning by characteristics.
- Manage the inventory availability process for new presentations of existing brands, and for label changes affecting existing or future inventories of these brands.
- Participate in or lead New Product launches supply chain sub-teams. Participate in or lead cross-functional projects as appropriate
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management
- Global / Regional Planner with minimum six years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Bachelor s degree required
- Prior experience interacting with demand management, pharmaceutical quality and regulatory organizations
- Prior experience planning in a multiple manufacturing site and/or contract manufacturing environment
- Prior experience planning Biologic products / compounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Hand-on team leader and team player willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability, and professional maturity are required
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Able to synthesize information into a presentation appropriate to the organizational-level of the audience. Able to summarize information concisely and communicate it using appropriate medium
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong PC experience, Microsoft Office Suite experience required including; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint
- Oracle EBS / Advance Supply Chain Planning (or SAP) experience required.
- APICS certification is a plus.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.