Senior Manager, Data Management and Strategy - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601
Senior Manager, Data Management and Strategy
The American Medical Association (AMA), a nonprofit, is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
As an employer, we are dedicated to many efforts, including employee learning and development, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion and wellness.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our organization. Our foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration, Agility and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity at our headquarters in Chicago for a Senior Manager, Data Management & Strategy on our Marketing & Membership Experience (MMX) team. As part of this team, you will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing data strategy within the Marketing and Member Experience (MMX) team to meet growth objectives. You will direct and drive measurable improvements in all aspects of marketing automation and reporting and deliver a flexible and agile marketing system by applying strong technical skills, innovative mind-set and business acumen. You will also manage a team of data analysts and engineers.
- Marketing Data Management & Strategy
- Lead a team of data engineers, focused on delivering innovations in data availability; responsible for Continuously improving data quality and availability
- Build a marketing database, to be utilized across the AMA to create value in our data
- Develop new processes and leverage new technologies to accelerate the data supply chain
- Generate incremental business opportunities by acquiring data and integrating into programs/campaigns
- Ensure relevant data integrations among systems are accurate and on-time
- Contribute to the enterprise data strategy team, partnering with stakeholders in IT and other departments
- Business Intelligence
- Lead one or more reporting analysts to build and maintain dashboards
- Develop the MMX reporting framework in Power BI, consisting of standardized reports and dashboards
- Gather reporting requirements and build metrics to support key business decisions
- Facilitate data layer development to summarize KPIs that track key outcomes (membership/engagement)
- Train internal teams to use dashboards to derive insights and make decisions
- Management & Staff Development
- Lead, mentor and provide management oversight for professional staff
- Responsible for setting objectives, evaluating performance and developing staff
- Identify opportunities for advancing staff skills and expertise
- May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering required; Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of hands-on data management experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience of individuals focused on data management/reporting
- Outstanding data management and manipulation skills, including experience with data layer development, automation, and systems design/architecture; SQL proficiency is mandatory; SAS, R, Python a plus
- Outstanding skills in developing BI reporting platforms, including building data layers and defining metrics. Experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects mandatory
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to build project plans, deliver on deadlines, and manage the workload across a team with multiple priorities
- Must have experience performing business analysis as well as demonstrated the ability to improve efficiencies by developing end-to-end data processes; strong attention to detail and quality
- Superior critical thinking skills, including the ability to form simple solutions to complex issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially the ability to express technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences
- Ability to influence others to ensure effective implementation of initiatives and programs; ability to work independently and as part of a team
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION