Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy - Illinois, United States,
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy will contribute to AveXis' corporate strategy activities. Responsibilities will include driving strategic initiatives in an inspiring, collaborative, and streamlined manner; assisting with major workstreams within strategic initiatives requiring both analytical and conceptual problem solving; building alignment through senior sponsorship and support.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, a strong team-player and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working with cross-functional teams. Above all, this person will lead with integrity and strive to achieve superior results in all job responsibilities to help advance the AveXis mission.
- Drive and support cross-functional teams to drive strategic initiatives; own and drive critical workstreams within strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to developing the overall growth agenda and priorities for AveXis (e.g. disease area expansion, platform technology evolution, geographic footprint, strategic capacity management).
- Break down complex, ambiguous problems; Formulate and test hypotheses by bringing the right data and expertise to bear to draw robust conclusions; Synthesize conclusions into concrete, actionable recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of key initiatives over time and identify interventions as required.
- Monitor external trends across the gene therapy landscape to inform strategy-setting and business development activities.
- Additional responsibilities/tasks as needed.
- B.S. degree required; advanced degree in relevant field preferred (e.g. PhD in Neurology, Genetics, Biology, or MD, MBA).
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in consulting or corporate strategy.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of life sciences / biotechnology industry; gene therapy experience a plus.
- Skilled in quantitative and qualitative analysis; connects the dots well to help draw conclusions.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Demonstrates high tenacity; takes ownership over timelines and deliverables.
- Great analytical and conceptual problem-solver; critical thinker with a passion to learn.
- Clearly communicates and presents ideas; good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter seeking a growth opportunity.
This position will be located at our Bannockburn corporate office, with some travel required.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.