Senior Manager / Director of Distribution Channel Strategy - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02110
The Senior Manager / Director of Distribution Channel Strategy reports to the Vice President, Market Access and Trade. In this role you are accountable for managing multiple internal relationships within and across Akili relating to distribution, pharmacy, and HUB/call center services; this may also include third-party organizations.
.Here's what it entails
- Identify key partners to dispense and distribute based on key relationships to payer and payer like entities for both medical benefit and pharmacy products.
- Execute build out for channels networks and manage the performance of channels.
- Operational management of day-to-day relationship with existing pharmacies.
- Engage with key governmental, NGO and Trades organizations (ex. NCPDP).
- Identify key standards and opportunities to develop and adapt them for digital therapeutics.
- Coordinate and execute the management of a limited pharmacy network to include contract negotiation, fee for service agreements and performance measurements.
- Collaborate effectively with the payer, patient services, and field sales team to provide account support where needed and to communicate effective distribution strategies.
- Evaluate and assess future distribution networks and partners.
- Indirectly supervises employees through a dotted line structure or via other subordinate supervisors.
Here's what you need
- Master's degree in related discipline and 7 years of related experience
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and at least 10 years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing pharmacy, trade, and/or DME/Medical Supplies.
- Knowledge of data integration requirements and workflows necessary for dispensing and prescribing processes.
- Prior experience planning and interacting with HUBs, call centers, patient assistance, product distribution, and patient reimbursement support.
- Previous customer facing experience preferred.
- Effective management skills with ability to plan and implement programs impacting digital trade, specialty pharmacy, HUB, and distribution.
- Ability to set and achieve goals related to financial and functional program performance
- Knowledge of medical device/supply distribution and pharmacy providers and their internal operating methods.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Other duties would include: analyzing operational procedure contract requests, market research, and commissioning of RFPs for vendors.
- Assist senior management in developing aspects of the annual budget process for the department.
- Provide assistance in monitoring budgets and expenses on an ongoing basis to ensure appropriate spending levels.
- Establish strong relationship and effective communication with key internal stakeholders and outside vendors
- Develop and track metrics to measure performance and improve efficiency