Senior Health and Benefits Consulting Analyst - San Francisco , California, United States, 94103
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Mercer's 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to bench marking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
The first step in your career with Mercer's Health business is as an Health and Benefits Consulting Analyst. Our Health and Benefits Consulting Analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meetyour client's benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
A Senior Health and Benefits Consultant can expect to:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and project management skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace, independently or in a team environment
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A bachelor's degree: in business, math, statistics, economics, public health or a related major
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.