Senior Director of Global Procurement - Neptune , New Jersey, United States, 07753
Central Garden & Pet's Nylabone/TFH/Four Paws/IMS division offers exciting career opportunities in our Neptune City, New Jersey corporate office complex. Since 1955, Nylabone has been making the world's best chew toys, long-lasting edible chews, and dental solutions for dogs of every age, breed, shape, and size. We know that every dog is different, and so are their needs. That is why we make a wide variety of chewing solutions in flavors, shapes, sizes, and textures for every kind of dog and chewing strength.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Senior Director of Global Procurement is responsible for leading all global procurement efforts for TFH/ Nylabone, Four Paws and IMS to efficiently and effectively maximize the value received from suppliers in order to drive continuous improvement in the supply chain to meet business objectives.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Lead procurement for the companies including TFH/ Nylabone, Four Paws and IMS: vendor identification, capability assessment and selection, negotiation of vendor terms/ conditions/ agreements/ contracts, new item sourcing (finished goods and raw materials), new item specifications, pricing negotiations/ cost management, cost savings initiatives, execution /tracking of purchase orders.
- Continuously monitor commodity price indices and foreign currency exchange trends and propose corresponding strategies for sourcing and negotiation.
- Effectively leverage depth and breadth of total spend across multiple commodities whenever possible in order to deliver maximum cost savings and generate value.
- Drive the development and implementation of progressive sourcing strategies that deliver cost efficiencies, supply assurance and quality in the procurement of raw materials, packaging, and contract manufacturing services.
- Support new project initiatives in terms of supply chain with the goal of launching on time and within specific margin targets.
- Develop a strong working relationship with internal and external teams to create a collaborative environment that supports the business strategy, tactics and timelines.
- Support Marketing and Creative efforts to grow the business by proactively offering product, packaging, vendor and manufacturing alternatives (domestic and international).
- Facilitate strategic business decisions by providing actionable, value-added analysis of any relevant emerging and/ or current world trade changes.
- Collaborate with Finance on product costing structure relative to material/ component cost verification, freight rate verification, duty rates, etc.
- Work closely with Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to ensure proper flow of materials/ products to meet customer requirements while maintaining appropriate levels of inventory.
- Manage and develop team of direct reports proactively by setting annual cost savings goals, enforcing appropriate levels of accountability and ensuring adequate reporting of progress to upper management.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' procurement experience for a consumer product goods company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities coupled with strong project management and analytical skills
- High proficiency in negotiation process experience, skills and tactics
- Comprehensive cost modeling and "should-cost" estimate analysis
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and creating a collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the marketplace and key competitors
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with exceptional written and verbal communication
- High energy, results- and people-oriented, assertive/persuasive, team player
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and product information
- Computer proficiency on all MS Office applications with high proficiency in Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.