Senior Director Human Resources Technology & Business Systems Strategy - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97239
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you?ll fit in at The Standard (). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Provide strategic vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management of the company?s human capital management, talent acquisition, payroll and time tracking systems ? Workday and iCIMS ?while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet business needs. Direct and oversee development of technical solutions that support the enterprise functions of recruiting, talent management, compensation and benefits administration, personnel transaction processing, time tracking, payroll and associated reporting.
Develop and sustain a high-performing team through coaching, providing feedback and holding team members accountable for behaviors that drive results and deliver value to customers. Responsible for team composed of HRIS business/systems analysts, project managers, intranet web developers and transaction processing specialists.
Accountable for providing and continuously improving delivery of services including business analysis, technical design and implementation, data management and security, project management, maintenance of intranet presence, HR transaction processing and systems support.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of management, peer functions within HR, payroll and other corporate organizations including Corporate Finance and IT.
This position is part of the HR Leadership Team and is responsible for forecasting and managing the departmental budget.
Responsible for managing the work environment, identifying workforce needs and ensuring alignment with corporate manager expectations, values and vision.
Develop and continuously evolve operational model to meet organizational needs
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions for cost-effectively delivering services to support the technology footprint. Define and maintain an organizational model that sustainably delivers on business priorities while incorporating flexibility by leveraging a combination of internal and external resources.
- Build and maintain a strong HRIS team that has a clear vision of the important role they play and a passion for delivering high quality results. Establish a high bar with respect to performance and motivate team members to continuously stretch, grow and develop the skills they need to continuously improve the value they deliver to the organization.
Provide strategic vision and maintain technology roadmap
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the strategic direction and priorities of our businesses. Effectively leverage professional network and provide thought leadership with respect to current and emerging technology trends/solutions that address business priorities and inform the technology roadmap. Take lead in evaluating and recommending solutions that address business needs. Partner with IT to procure funding for approved initiatives.
Manage identification, prioritization, design and development of technical solutions to address business needs, steward HR and payroll data and provide project management and web development services
- Leveraging best practices in software development, maintain disciplined approaches to reviewing, approving and prioritizing requests, gathering and documenting requirements, designing technical solutions, developing and conducting all levels of testing and ensuring that the timing and process for implementing changes protects the integrity of the production environment.
- Provide technical oversight and quality assurance for all design work ensuring that solutions are evaluated considering both end user experience and soundness, scalability and sustainability of technical design.
- Understand data security requirements and partner with Information Security and Corporate Compliance to ensure implemented technology solutions meet these requirements. Ensure cross-functional governance is in place for critical business data.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of projects ensuring proven project management tools and techniques are leveraged including well-defined project charters, clearly defined success criteria, steering committees, development and management of project plans, resource management, stakeholder analysis and change management.
Ensure efficient, effective and quality solutions for processing of HR personnel and payroll transactions
- Ensure implemented technology meets the transactional, reporting and analytical needs of our businesses. Provide leadership and guidance to team that processes HR personnel transactions championing a culture of continuous process improvement. Working in conjunction with other HR department leads, ensure that end-to-end processes are delivering desired results.
Education: ?Bachelor?s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 to 15 years? experience as an IT or HRIS manager
- Developing and maintaining a high performing team
- Implementing configurable package software solutions and/or managing custom developed software solutions
- Desired ? experience working with human capital management, payroll and time tracking systems
- A plus ? Project Management Certification or experience leveraging project managers on high impact projects
- Critical thinking and innovative problem solving
- Ability to develop credibility quickly and influence business leaders
- Proven record of driving results
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click ?here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at .? This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process.? General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.