Senior Director, Supply Chain Systems and Processes - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA®). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Senior Director, Supply Chain Systems and Processes is responsible for developing, implementing, and integrating overall supply chain systems and processes within the end-to-end internal and external AveXis network, as appropriate (e.g. ERP, S&OP, Artwork Management System, Serialization, etc.). The individual is chartered with enabling supply chain systems and processes alignment with specific business needs, building strong cross-functional solutions, ensuring compliance to internal policies and external regulations, and establishing best practices. The Senior Director, Supply Chain Systems & Processes will be a key leader within Global Supply Chain, assisting with vision setting and development of new capability within the department.
- Establishes supply chain systems and processes based upon key business drivers including compliance, risk management, process rationalization, supply performance.
- Develops supply chain system and process global strategies focused on identifying opportunities to integrate and simplify end-to-end processes.
- Identify, qualify, and performance manage supply chain systems and processes.
- Aligns supply chain systems and processes to meet business needs and supply goals.
- Acts as the key interface with AveXis internal partners ensuring alignment of systems and process strategies, and commitments.
- Interfaces with senior leaders to obtain sponsorship and resources to implement supply chain system and process strategies that support their key objectives.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and provide the leadership and vision for ensuring supply chain systems and process excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical field. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in supply chain systems and end-to-end integration roles in biotech or pharma industry.
- Business acumen - knows how to assess market/business requirements and develop appropriate business case justifications that ensure compliance and/or improve supply.
- CPSM or equivalent is preferred.
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving results.
- Demonstrated collaborative style in performing sourcing activities.
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.