Senior Director, Human Resources Consulting ~ Technology - Vienna , Virginia, United States, 22181
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Human Resources Consulting ~ Technology
Are you bored with your HR job, or starting to feel that way? You probably work with good people and you know you're making a difference, but you're likely reading this job description because you're curious if there's something more out there. Are you ready to stretch yourself into something bigger, at a company that's recognized as an HR leader?
Now maybe you're starting to ponder, "Could I imagine myself working at a BANK?" Capital One is not an ordinary bank, and hopefully we have captured your attention because here's where we get to the good stuff. This is what you can expect to do when you come work at Capital One as a HR consultant in our Technology organization:
* Think?about how best to help our leaders grow their teams. Use coaching, strategic thinking and influence to deliver change and partner with these leaders to support their businesses. Challenge them to unleash their inner creativity, leadership and collaboration skills to facilitate the design and development of products for our customers.
* Be the go-to person for all things related to people strategy and overall team morale. Know your teams, talk to your clients, recommend ways to make things better, negotiate on complex issues, guide and influence your leaders and associates in directions they couldn't possibly have imagined before you arrived.
* Collaborate across the company with other HR consultants and teams ? this is the only way we'll continue to grow together ?the stratification and hoarding of ideas are for companies that value independent contributions over collaboration (independent contributions are great, but we value collaboration more). Innovate and find ways to best serve our customers by bringing ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to everything you do.
* Work with our HR specialty teams on issues your clients need assistance with, consult on topics such as compensation, associate relations and recruiting. You'll also partner to facilitate special integrations or organizational improvements that happen naturally in changing environments.
Sound intriguing? Great, then let's talk.
* Provide strategic HR consulting to two client groups within the Technology business unit
* Lead team of HR consultants aligned to these clients
* Collaborate with senior leaders to create a team culture that encourages creativity and innovation, while driving total motivation for employees
* Manage core HR processes (i.e., performance management, all associate survey) for the Digital business unit
* Coordinate HR work streams on key business projects (integrations, redeployments)
* Liaise with HR partners (Compensation, Training, Recruiting, and Communications) to design and deliver on key strategic projects
* Monitor and analyze key HR performance indicators including attrition and recruiting statistics
* Partner with associate relations specialist on AR escalated issues, exit interviews, etc.
* Handle escalated HR questions/issues regarding compensation, benefits, or other HR services
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 10 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
* At least 7 years of client-facing experience or at least 5 years of consulting experience, or a combination of the two
* At least 5 years of experience in project management
* MBA or Master's Degree in Human Resources Management
* Professional Human Resources Certification or Senior Professional Human Resources certification or Coaching certification
* At least 12 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
* At least 9 years of client facing experience or at least 7 years of consulting experience, or a combination of the two
* At least 7 years of experience in project management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position SDL2017