Senior Director, Global Marketing Strategy - Illinois, United States,
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Senior Director, Global Marketing Strategy is responsible for developing the therapeutic, disease area, and product marketing strategy for our proprietary SMA therapy and the Novartis Gene Therapies gene replacement therapy technology platform. Both commercialized products and later-stage pipeline assets are under the scope of this role.
- Ensures the successful launches of these medicines to make a meaningful difference to patients.
- Develops the brand strategy, pre-launch/launch preparation and working cross-functionally towards the delivery of all tools and tactics to prepare for, drive in-market success, and maximize brand value across all customer groups.
- Provides effective and inspirational leadership across the cross-functional and geographic teams.
- Leads and oversees the execution of global brand strategy
- Accountable for the success of the Zolgensma portfolio ex-US and in partnership with the US team.
- Continued innovation and support of Zolgensma globally and development of a global strategy for IT, inclusive of pre-market readiness and definition of key milestones with a sense of urgency.
- Global strategic execution of an integrated product strategy for Zolgensma and pipeline assets as they transition from new products.
- Develops and executes a competitive readiness cross-functional strategic plan to ensure adequate cross-functional preparation and offensive market positioning.
- Fosters regular best practice sharing across regions in order to support fast and broad dissemination of key insights, learnings and innovation.
- Builds and fosters relationships with the top-tier global key opinion leaders/experts, patient advocacy groups, and policy-making organizations groups
- Ensures milestone-gated market and product preparation plans are outlined and executed, including epidemiology, burden of disease, diagnosis journey including newborn screening, if appropriate, IP, formulation, packaging, naming, and positioning.
- In collaboration within the Global Marketing Team and cross-functional GPT members, lead the development of the Annual Global Strategic Plan.
- Provides input and participation into the Global Integrated Brand Plan and Annual Brand Budget.
- Develops quarterly updates for key external stakeholders, inclusive of Investor Relations, asset narrative, performance updates and key Q&As.
- Proactively identifies and manages potential risks and opportunities for brands, including development and execution of post-launch strategies.
- Maintains industry awareness regarding market trends, competition, product acceptance, and new product release.
- Provides commercial input to ensure successful product registration (incl. label), reimbursement and listing/access.
- Conduct regular feedback loops with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration and alignment
- Serves as the Strategic partner to clinical trials, medical affairs and risk management plans.
- Represents Global Marketing on relevant cross-functional and regional teams.
- Builds strong, open and collaborative working relationships across functions, including Sales, Sales Operations, Training, Market Access, Supply Chain, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Finance, Compliance and Legal.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field; MBA or graduate level degree desirable.
- 10 years' experience in global pharmaceutical marketing is required; global marketing experience in a rare disease area and/or in a small biopharma company desirable.
- A high-performing, experienced pharma or biopharma Sr. Marketing Director who has demonstrated the ability to develop global brand strategy as well as manage a brand or critical brand initiatives, while incorporating perspectives from other functions/regions.
- Extensive experience in leading diverse and cross-functional teams indirectly.
- Enterprise mindset.
- Has solid understanding of key market insights including understanding the needs of all customer segments to ensure success.
- Strong involvement in multiple product launches and extensive experience in lifecycle management - clinical development to commercialization.
- Prior experience in specialty areas such as rare diseases, cell and gene therapy, and/or oncology and prior experience in a small, rapidly growing company are both preferred.
- Strategic thinker who connects the dots across functions and find practical solutions.
- Executive presence; effectively represent Novartis Gene Therapies internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, and have the tenacity to "make things happen."
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to use PowerPoint and Excel software;
- Ability to travel up to 30%, with a mix of domestic and international travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.