Senior Director, Business Strategy and Operations - Santa Monica , California, United States, 90401
The successful incumbent will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of strategic work experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without direct authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a very dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Targeted focus on driving business results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration and cross functional/leadership alignment.
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution and support project management of these initiatives.
- Analyze existing data and industry best practices to ensure programs, processes, and initiatives are meaningful and aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports.
- Collaborate across multiple internal functions to manage employee, customer, partner and other appearances for the executive including prioritization of internal and external events based on impact and strategic goals, partnering on preparation and ensuring timely follow up.
- Work closely with Corporate Communications and Human Resources Lead on communications strategy to partner on communications strategy and preparation/content for impactful presentations. Examples of Business Operations-driven deliverables include QBR/business updates, Board updates, earnings calls, leadership meetings, project/initiative presentations, customer meetings, keynotes, all Hands presentations; follow up communications, online/social media communications.
- Curate topical discussions for leadership team meetings and drive actions / follow-up process coordinating across the Worldwide Commercial leaders.
- Travel with executive as needed to customer/partner/analyst/employee meetings and events.
Capabilities & Requirements
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated consistent cross-functional collaborator, and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Strong leadership and communication skills across functions and leadership teams; comfort in business and technical discussions. Able to influence without direct authority International work experience & experience with global markets
- International work experience preferred
- Experience working with top global markets with an understanding of reimbursement systems, and cultures
- Depth of understanding of the function's financials; in partnership with finance partners, identifying initiatives to support commercial opportunities for growth and returning shareholder value
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- 10+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master of Business Administration or other advanced degree, a plus
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.