Senior Director, Business Analytics and Strategic Business Advisory - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The Role: Senior Director, Business Analytics and Strategic Business Advisory
The Location: 55 Water Street, New York, NY
The Team: The Senior Director works closely with the Division CFO of S&P Global Market Intelligence and working directly with the senior executive leadership team, the role will lead business analytics, strategy development, and execution planning for the business.
The Impact: This role handles complex projects, in cross functional teams with Finance and Business, on end-to-end basis. Projects would be of varying nature (e.g., product profitability, partnership structure).
- Reports to Division CFO
- Reporting into this role: 2-3 Analysts
- Partner with business-leadership teams to identify and develop resolution plans for key opportunity areas
- Structure our thinking around how we own business performance measurement for long-term value creation
- Drive creative analytics and insights using our financial data to find opportunities and resolve business problems; demonstrate data science analytics capabilities to analyze and mine financial data streams
- Develop and lead a structured, analytically rigorous approach to identifying and evaluating attractive, strategically coherent opportunities to strengthen ambitious position and performance through internal as well as external initiatives
- Partner closely with our Corporate Development teams and operating executives to expand growth opportunities and produce measurable improvements in operating and financial performance
- Lead / work with special projects "SWAT teams"
- Drive reporting cadence for key Corporate meetings (e.g., Quarterly Business Review, Quarterly Financial Review, financial and performance communications to large groups)
- Refine business unit strategy per the annual planning cycle
- Support divisional CFO in executing annual planning process that tightly integrate our strategy, strategic plans, and financial plans
- Develop and run small high-performance internal team in support of aforementioned objectives
- 10 years plus experience, preferably with some mix of management consulting, corporate strategy and/or investment banking roles preferred
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred, but not required
- Highly ambitious and motivated - should be able to run independently with problem solving and team discussions
- Independently lead discussions with senior leaders
- Highly analytical and sharp problem solver - should be good with numbers and their business implications
- Work in matrixed environments; reciprocal, and capable of taking care of ambiguity
- Creative thinker - continuously able to question status quo and improve
- Strong capability in strategy development, including meaningful analytical tools and methodologies; ability to develop analytically rigorous, commercially sound new business recommendations and articulate clear and compelling business discernment's
- Ability to influence and motivate change in the team / organization
- Some international experience and exposure, able to work effectively and constructively across cultures and market environments
- Demonstrates strongest ethical values, committed to the highest personal and professional standards of conduct
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
EEO Statements - S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
Senior Director, Business Analytics and Strategic Business Advisory