Senior Director, Brand Strategy & Management - Ascend Collection - Rockville , Maryland, United States, 20850
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people ? people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done ? and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality ? and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
We are seeking an energetic, hands-on leader for The Ascend Collection - one of the key growth areas for Choice Hotels International. The Ascend Hotel Collection is a soft branding solution for global independent hotel owners seeking a best in class distribution and property management system solution to drive customer acquisition and improve revenue share while reducing distribution costs. The Ascend leader will be responsible for creating the brands long-term strategic plan that leverages and evolves the Choice distribution platform, successfully grows the Ascend value proposition, and supports the pricing model to maximize Choice's potential in the Upscale independent segment. This leader will also serve as the ambassador for the brand's potential and existing members leveraging and deploying Choice Hotels' resources to effectively on-board and manage the brand performance against stated goals.
What you will do?
* Strategic Execution ? You will evolve a global multi-year strategic plan that is aligned to the corporate growth objectives. You will serve as lead to brief internal and external stakeholders on the company's vision for execution and delivery strategy. You will work in tandem with functional teams to balance member needs with the organizations direction.
* Strategic Selling - As the brand leader, you will provide a pipeline of global opportunities and track membership sales performance against the database. Additionally, you will be the key resource to the membership sales team to support the sales process as the expert in Choice distribution channels.
* Hotels Operations ? You will leverage internal resources in order to build and manage the on-boarding and stabilization process, fully engaging the Franchise Services Area Directors and opening services organization.
* Reporting ? You will continue to evolve the reporting (both internally and externally) in a best in class manner in order to drive transparency and decision support analysis on property and portfolio performance.
* Quality Control Management ? You will partner with the Performance Analytics and Quality Assurance teams to establish compliance metrics. This will include building out and maintaining the criteria and QA controls in order to drive customer and product quality standards for both potential new members and existing members.
Who you will be?
* You will have 10-12 years of experience leading hotel operations, distribution teams and systems, with a minimum of 5 years of brand management experience preferred.
* Be highly results-oriented and have strong organizational influence and the ability to mobilize internal resources in a matrixed organization to achieve desired goals.
* Very customer service focused; able to adapt to a wide variety of "customers"; internal, external,
* Have the ability to leverage data and create a foundation of data supported decision making.
* Be a proactive team leader who is adept at managing multiple priorities / responsibilities with the ability to communicate across all stakeholder groups including property leadership and franchisees.
* Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
Choice Hotels International (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world. Choice currently franchises more than 6,300 hotels, representing more than 500,000 rooms, in more than 35 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full service hotels in the economy, mid- scale and upscale segments, Choice-branded properties provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the United States and internationally. For more information on Choice Hotels, visit the company's Website .
Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect. SDL2017