Senior Data Scientist - Operations Data Strategy - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Senior Data Scientist will provide information content analysis and applied semantic modeling support to Operations Data Strategy, an initiative that will increase Amgen's agility by improving the way Amgen runs and uses data to power analytics, gain insights and drive decision making within Operations. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will elucidate a comprehensive business information model for Operations that will shape the target semantics for the data fabric and drive data governance priorities by applying connected data approaches to strategic value-realization opportunities. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding, pragmatic information modeler able to partner effectively with other business subject matter experts, ontology engineers, data scientists, data architects, and data engineering teams to bring data fabric solutions to life. The position offers an outstanding opportunity for durable impact by transforming how data connect, flow, and generate value and insights across end to end business processes spanning Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Process Development, Engineering, and Quality.
- Elucidate, codify, and depict the Operations end to end business ontology, a system-independent conceptual information model and glossary that defines data connectivity across all of Operations and semantics for the data fabric
- Develop roadmap, drive awareness, and lead execution of the application of the business ontology, semantic technologies, and knowledge graphs toward strategic value-realization opportunities
- Lead operational change execution for adoption of shared data assets that eliminate redundancies and promote consistency in partnership with reference data, master data, and data architecture teams
- Partner with business subject matter experts, data scientists, and other ontology engineers to understand and detail local and multi-functional semantics
- You will use the business ontology to identify maturity gaps and inform data governance priorities
- Identify data connectivity gaps, potential solutions, and opportunities for reference data standardization
- Evangelize approach and value of a semantically connected data architecture with data generators across Operations
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Broad understanding of the biopharmaceutical and small molecule pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and supply chain space
- Deep expertise in information modeling, ontology design, and data architecture
- Visceral, applied appreciation for semantic challenges in data integration
- Ability to work across interpersonal domains to understand and address the underlying business needs
- Ability to develop positive relationships and drive coordinated adoption of new capabilities or business processes
- Innate big-picture and abstraction skills that enable identification of commonalities across disparate domains and processes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including a natural ability to convey complex technical topics to diverse audiences
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking with solid attention to detail
- Proficiency with semantic technologies, Linked Data, OWL, knowledge graphs, graph databases, and other connected-data enabling capabilities
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.