Senior Consultant, Transaction Advisory Services - Mc Lean , Virginia, United States, 22102
US Dollar . USD -
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently searching for a Senior Consultant to join our Transaction Services and CFO Advisory practice in our Tysons Corner, Virginia office. Our Transaction Services practice provides transaction advisory and due diligence, CFO support, and business valuation services. Our client base is broad ranging from emerging growth companies to recognizable public companies and strategic to private equity and other institutional investors. We serve a wide variety of industries including government contracting, software and technology, biotechnology, healthcare, business services, manufacturing, energy, real estate and construction, hospitality and retail, emerging growth, and private equity.
Our Transaction Services and CFO Advisory practice is unique and offers clients highly synergistic offerings. Our approach and strategy enables us to provide a full suite of services that span traditional corporate finance and accounting support to sophisticated advisory for significant and complex client needs. The OCFO is faced with a complex mix of challenges ranging from traditional accounting, finance and treasury functions to mergers and acquisitions, partnerships/JVs, debt and equity financing, regulatory compliance and company risk management. These complex and divergent requirements often drive the need to obtain expertise and assistance from highly qualified accountants and advisors to provide support when the OCFO needs it most. Baker Tilly delivers solutions in key areas such as:
- Buy-side financial and tax due diligence (Quality of Earnings) and transaction advisory
- Sell-side due diligence preparation, transaction support, and Quality of Earnings
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Valuation analysis and opinions
- Financial organization integration assistance
- Project based accounting support (restatements, audit readiness, carve-outs, etc.)
- Technical accounting assistance
- Performance and business process improvement
- Interim management assistance
Our goal is to solve problems or make improvements that will free the organization up so that they can focus on growing and improving their overall business.
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2017
This practice area has professionals with multi-faceted backgrounds that include both hands-on experience as prior CFOs and Controllers as well as deep advisory expertise with top tier international accounting and consulting firms. Our team is highly credentialed (CPAs, MBAs, CFAs, ASAs, CVAs, etc.) and we are a high performing team that enjoys learning from one another and serving our clients.
Your immediate responsibilities will be to:
- Direct and oversee engagement staff on client projects
- Supervise, develop and train staff on engagements. Evaluate performance and participate in individual's performance appraisal process
- Interact directly with senior managers and partners on matters related to client and engagement management
- Strengthen existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by providing outstanding client service
- Communicate with business owners, executive management, investors, lenders and other sophisticated parties to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years' experience in a large accounting firm in audit and/or financial advisory services experience
- Relevant bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related
- Certified public accountant (CPA) or pursuing certification is preferred
- High motivation, initiative and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities appropriately
- Intermediate modeling and excel skills, experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
- Ability to work autonomously, to meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings