Senior Consultant: Manufacturing Strategy & Smart Opera - San Francisco , California, United States, 94102
Our Supply Chain Network Operations practice helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we optimize operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events. Learn more about our supply chain and network operations consulting practice .
W ork you'll do
Sr. Consultants participate in project work streams or components of large, complex engagements. Consultants handle the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Deloitte clients' biggest challenges.
Typical project responsibilities of Senior Consultant could be:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope, requirements, etc
- Lead project work-streams, directing Analyst & Consultants on the client project delivery team
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Interfacing with client for requirements gathering, facilitating work-shops, and project plans, deliverables content, etc.
- Assist in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
Deloitte Consultants typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project manager. They work side by side with Principals/Partners/Directors and other Consultants at all levels, often with exposure to clients' C-level executives, organizational leaders and team members. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
- Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting/and or industry experience or an MBA with 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience with sales and operations planning, inventory management, shop floor scheduling and supervision and capacity analysis
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Data analytics
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. - provided by Dice