Senior Consultant - Supply Chain Systems - Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, 46201
Miebach is one of the leading supply chain focused consulting and engineering firms. For over forty years, we have centered our work and research on developing best practices and designing state of the art supply chains. This concentration has let us bridge the gap between consultants and engineers, allowing us to support our clients across the full project lifecycle: developing, engineering, and implementing solutions and initiatives. Because we provide both strategic solutions as well as implementations, our work in each is strengthened respectively.
Our services can support, across any industry, a company's planning, inbound, manufacturing, and distribution aspects either holistically or individually. This portfolio of services has been developed organically across numerous continents from our several hundred projects a year. This global foundation of benchmarks and best practices is an integral part of our project methodology. We deliver a consistent and standard approach based on our global knowledge and experience, applying them to the regional needs of a client.
We are proud to be one of the few consultancies listed in SupplyChainBrain's Top 100 Supply Chain Partners. This unique combination of strategic engagements and tactical engineering services across and within the supply chain has regularly resulted in over half of Gartner's list of "Top 25 Supply Chains" to rely on Miebach to support their supply chain initiatives.
The Senior Supply Chain Consultant for Supply Chain Systems manages and executes Supply Chain projects ranging from Process & Software Audits to full Design and Implementation projects for our North American clients. This role presents an excellent career opportunity for a goal oriented professional with sound experience in the field of supply chain who is interested in working with industry leaders in an international team environment. The Senior Supply Chain Consultant will also support Business Development initiatives that include identifying business opportunities and developing responses to RFPs for consulting services. Miebach is a fast-growing company providing services in one of the most important aspects of today's business. The company combines experience and innovation in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Project Planning & Execution
· Manage and execute SC Projects which require a process and systems alignment and optimization. This includes facility audits, optimization of existing operations and systems, or new designs and implementation. System scope could include WMS, WCS, TMS, LMS, or other supply chain related software and tools.
· Work directly with clients to understand business requirements of the organization and formulate strategies that yield value
· Assess warehouse and supply chain processes in search for optimization potential
· Design future processes and derive the necessary functional IT requirements. System customization or programming is not part of the position.
· Active project management from process design through conduction of an RFQ, all the way through implementation and go-live.
· Analyze and document project objectives, requirements, and approach
· Scope projects, identify resource requirements, articulate deliverables and develop timelines
· Mentor project team to drive cross-functional collaboration
· Manage project contract requirements and ensure project budget is in-line with expectations
Development & Customer Relationship Management
· Develop close working relationship with clients through outstanding project execution and communication
· Be responsive to customer requests and requirements while keeping overall project target, objectives and timeline in mind
· Develop responses and proposals to RFPs appropriate to a customer's needs
· 3 to 10 years of relevant supply chain/warehouse operation experience, in the following fields:
o Process design and optimization
o Definition of supply chain software requirements
o Implementation and go-live support
· Consulting experience
· Bachelor/Master in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent
· Experience working cross-functionally among the entire supply chain is preferred
· WMS software knowledge, ideally with SAP WM/EWM
· Optional: Experience with additional software products such as TMS, WCS, supply chain visibility, yard and labor management
· Software implementation, user training and go-live support experience
· Advanced skill with MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in and in English, additional languages are appreciated
· Strong team player
· Strong problem-solving skills